Transmission-OpenVPN docker interfering with Plex Docker

• I recently set up a new media server on OMV 4.x, and decided to use dockers for my various applications, which has been tremendous.

However, I am running into an issue with my VPN causing problems for Plex remote server access.

I installed the /linuxserver/plex docker which works great, followed with the /linuxserver/transmission docker with similarly great results.

Then I stumbled across TechnoDadLife's video on the /haugene/transmission-openvpn docker. With torrenting getting hotter and hotter, I figured this was a no brainer. I set it up as per his specifications, shut down the original transmission docker, and it worked great.

The problem came when I then tried to access my Plex server outside my network. I have my router set up to forward it on port 50000, which has worked flawlessly before the Transmission-OpenVPN docker was added. However, this morning, I went to access Plex at the gym, and noticed I could not access my server. Got home, and noticed that Plex Remote Access had an error saying it was unavailable. I tried resetting my router, and forwarding a new port, and none of it worked. In the troubleshooting, I stopped the /haugene/transmission-openvpn docker, and sure enough, Plex Remote Access fired up immediately.

I was under the impression that the Transmission-OpenVPN docker only ran transmission traffic through the VPN within the single docker, but it appears I was very wrong about that. Is there any way I can make Plex exempt from this OpenVPN traffic? Or any other solution to access my Plex server remotely while still utilizing VPN for my torrenting traffic?

Thanks in advance.

• I was running into the same issue using sgtsquiggs/deluge-openvpn, watched the same video you are referencing from TechoDad. Realized I failed to create a new docker network in CLI first then running the docker in bridged network mode with extra arguments: --cap-add=NET_ADMIN -d --network=replaceWithNetworkYouCreate -p 9091:9091 <- think thats the port for transmission. I think there are additional additional he lists arguments you can also try. He lists them all towards the end of the video.

Ryzen 2500G | Gygabyte GA-AB350N-Gaming | 32gb Ram | 2x 2TB WD Red - Raid 1 | 3x 4TB WD Red - Raid 5 | OMV 4.x | Node 304

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!