Remote access to WebGUI

• Trying to setup remote access to the server WebGUI using a certificate, but seem to be having issues. Would love to do it somehow with a duckdns account and letsencrypt. I thought I had everything setup properly but obviously not because it doesn't work. After modifying my containers, when I enter my duckdns domain, I only come to a page that says something like the server is being worked on. I think it might be a port forwarding issue, but I don't know how to get around it. I have to forward port 80 and 443 in my router, but I already have rules for ports 80 and 443 in my router to securely log into nextcloud so I can't make a new rule for port 80 and 443. So that leads me to two questions:

1.) Is their a tutorial anywhere that explains exactly how to setup remote access to the WebGUI?

2.) Or is it safe to change the default port numbers under 'General Settings' to something other than 80 and 443 without it impacting any of the docker containers I already setup using Techno Dad's youtube videos? I could try changing them myself, but i'm worried about getting myself locked out of the local WebGUI by messing with settings i'm unsure of so I want to make sure it's safe first.

Thanks for any advice....

• Offizieller Beitrag

Changing those *shouldn't* effect your docker containers. If you have most of them running on Host, then it is probably just checking the host info. If you've set it to bridged, then it's just using whatever bridged ports you've set up. So I think you'd be OK changing the general settings (I'm guessing if it was going to cause mass hysteria, votdev would not have put the option there)...

This is probably something I'd probably try in Vbox rather than on a live install though, just to be sure.

• Well I did a bad thing. I tried changing those numbers and now I can't even login locally anymore. All of my container apps still work like Plex and NextCloud, but not the WebGUI. I've got to figure out a way to reset the general settings to see if I can get back in. Guess I should have left well enough alone since I don't really have to log in remotely. I just wanted to learn how to do something new with the server. Lesson learned. :)

EDIT: Used Putty to get to omv-firstaid and reset the WebGUI. I can get back in again so I can remove what I tried to do. Thank goodness...

• I have to forward port 80 and 443 in my router, but I already have rules for ports 80 and 443 in my router to securely log into nextcloud so I can't make a new rule for port 80 and 443.

You could use the build in reverse proxy of the letsencrypt container to redirect the traffic for a specified subdomain to the omv gui. No need to change ports in your router or the gui.
    But then your omv login page would be exposed to the outside.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!