Union Filesystems Plugin - Errors: (OMV) 'Transport endpoint is not connected' - (Finder) 'The operation can't be completed because the original item for "x" can't be found.'

• I am really having a hard time with Union Filesystems 4.0.2.

First of all I want to mention that I have successfully created shared folders and used them via SMB with no problems.

Now I want to create a shared folder spanning across multiple harddisk with Union Filesystems 4.0.2.
    FIY my harddisks are HSF+ formatted in case I want to connect them directly to my mac. (Mac doesn't recognise EXT fileformat btw.)

Here are is how I set it up step by step:
    Numbers correspond to the attached Screenshots

1)

OMV > Storage > Union Filesystems: Add
    added several harddisks and named it UFs_pool.

2)
    OMV > Access Rights Management > Shared Folders
    Created a shared folder ufs[/b].

4)
    assigned Read/Write privileges to ufs[/b] for user tom.

5)
    OMV > Services > SMB/CIFS
    Added ufs[/b] to SMB service

7)
    In OSX Finder I can connect to ufs.
    When I try to copy a file I get the following error:
    The operation can't be completed because you don't have permission to access some of the items.

After I use "Reset Permissions" Plugin on ufs[/b] and after rebooting the system, it still doesn't work.
    For other shared folders "Reset Permissions" always works like a charm btw.!

On my next attempt to open the ufs Shared Folder I get a Finder error like this:
    The operation can't be completed because the original item for "ufs" can't be found.

In OMV however I encounter this error:
    Transport endpoint is not connected

As you can see from the OMV > Storage > Filesystems list, the /srv/d2b32d19-c4a9-495a-8130-73cedf1ca706 is the UFs_pool.

If you wonder if the existing shared folders (HD03 to HD06) could cause problems with the ufs.
    I got the same errors even at a time when I didn't have those shared folders set up.

• Hello!

Did you ever solve this? I have the same problem with my Rock64 4GB now...

Best regards
    Marius

I'm not the OP, but I had the same error using a Rock64 1GB. I never managed to resolve it and ended up selling it and getting a Raspberry Pi 4 which works fine now with OMV 5. I know this probably doesn't help much, but you're not alone in having issues with the Rock64. I suspect there is something about the hardware/

• I'm not the OP, but I had the same error using a Rock64 1GB. I never managed to resolve it and ended up selling it and getting a Raspberry Pi 4 which works fine now with OMV 5. I know this probably doesn't help much, but you're not alone in having issues with the Rock64. I suspect there is something about the hardware/

Thank you for sharing! :)
    I have made a new post which I hope will get to an end. For anybody with the same problem, the post can be found here.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!