No such process quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel.

• Anyone can help me on this? I started having problems with an old OMV installation on a Raspberry Pi 2 which started to become flaky, so decided it was time to migrate to OMV4 through a fresh install.
    All was well until I try to set up some quotas.
    I have some IP cameras recording to a single drive and each camera is set with its own user name and a quota limit.
    When I try to commit my changes in the web GUI, I receive the error message:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-mkconf quota 2>&1' with exit code '2': quotacheck: Scanning /dev/sda1 [/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Cam] quotacheck: Checked 3 directories and 3 files done quotaon: using /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Cam/aquota.group on /dev/sda1 [/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Cam]: No such process quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel. quotaon: using /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Cam/aquota.user on /dev/sda1 [/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Cam]: No such process quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel.

If I click on show details, I receive:

Error #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-mkconf quota 2>&1' with exit code '2': quotacheck: Scanning /dev/sda1 [/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Cam] quotacheck: Checked 3 directories and 3 filesdone
    quotaon: using /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Cam/aquota.group on /dev/sda1 [/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Cam]: No such process
    quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel.
    quotaon: using /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Cam/aquota.user on /dev/sda1 [/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Cam]: No such process
    quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/quota.inc(37): OMV\System\Process->execute()
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(168): OMVModuleQuota->applyConfig()
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusGV...', '/tmp/bgoutputer...')
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #8 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #12 {main}

Any help would be very much appreciated
    Gav

• Could be that the quotas modules weren’t enabled for the kernel shipped with the rpi image.

If RPi users skipped the readme.txt at the download location they're still on kernel 4.9 and nothing fancy works...

• I'm using OMV 5.6.2-1 on Raspberry Pi and facing the same issue: "Quota format not supported in kernel."

$ modinfo quota_v2

libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep: could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/5.10.11-v7l+/modules.dep.bin'

modinfo: ERROR: Module alias quota_v2 not found.

Is there now a solution to the problem?

Thanks,

Michael

• Code
     modinfo quota_v2
    filename:       /lib/modules/5.10.17-v7l+/kernel/fs/quota/quota_v2.ko
    license:        GPL
    description:    Quota format v2 support
    author:         Jan Kara
    srcversion:     44E087D3CE77A82EA3992DF
    depends:        quota_tree
    intree:         Y
    name:           quota_v2
    vermagic:       5.10.17-v7l+ SMP mod_unload modversions ARMv7 p2v8

Do a update, upgrade and full-upgrade to new kernel 5.10.17-v7l+

Reboot

That module exists there, it might solve your issue.

Is there now a solution to the problem?

P.S. I'm on RPi4 with armhf Raspbian

• votdev

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!