100% cpu use slow responstime..

• 100% cpu use slow responstime..

Hi all

I majorly screwed!!!

So i had some VARY slow response time on my OMV and i saw a 100% CPU use.. after i deleted some data i experienced quicker response time in web interface.. so i decided to boot on the hope that what ever process that was spinning out of controle would be reset.. but when my omv came back online nad started loading linux (after the menu where it asks if you want recover mode or not) it says this:

Booting 'Debina GNU/Linux, with Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64'

Loading Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 ...
      unaligned pointer 0x8ebf0002
      Aborted. Press any key to exit.

I press a key and the system reboots giving me the same error...

My OMV is a proxmox KVM..
      its running with two disk with virtIO drivers - one for OS one for data..
      its network card is running virtIO drivers..

I have done NOTHING to this maschine besides copying data to it and it has been runing flawlessly for weeks...

I have serveral other VMs on the proxmox server that runs perfectly, not omv but just to show proxmox is ok..

ANY suggestions to fix this would be gladly appriciated!!! I have found two solutions and omg those are not for the faint of heart...

THANKS

Casper
      About me:

8 years experince as a IT consultant both filling the role as gerneral IT guy for small business to the role as expert within network, IT security, Storage and Virtualization
      Located in Denmark
      CEO of Ding IT
      Webpage: www.dingit.dk
    • Re: 100% cpu use slow responstime..

"Glowing days. Don't cry because they are over. Smile because they happened." - Confucius

Server: 1x 32GB SSD (system) - 5x 2TB Data - 1x 2TB Snapraid-Parity - latest OMV 1.x
      No Support through PM
      Tutorials --- Howto install OMV-Extras --- Upgrade/Update-Problems --- If autoshutdown doesn' -work

WOW DUDE THANKS!!!!

Changing the grafics driver made it work like a charm...

and actually i would say it seems it performs better..

so for all others whom have this issue...

If you are running your OVM on proxmox and maybe other KVMs.. i don't know... make it standard practise to use Cirrus drivers for Display in the VMs hardware settings.. in my case the full name is Cirrus Logic GD5446 (cirrus) for proxmox 3.1

THANKS

Casper
      About me:

8 years experince as a IT consultant both filling the role as gerneral IT guy for small business to the role as expert within network, IT security, Storage and Virtualization
      Located in Denmark
      CEO of Ding IT
      Webpage: www.dingit.dk

My friend google told me the solution ;)
      "Glowing days. Don't cry because they are over. Smile because they happened." - Confucius

Server: 1x 32GB SSD (system) - 5x 2TB Data - 1x 2TB Snapraid-Parity - latest OMV 1.x
      No Support through PM
      Tutorials --- Howto install OMV-Extras --- Upgrade/Update-Problems --- If autoshutdown doesn' -work