Upgrading from .4.38 to .5 and Keeping Plugins

• So I have read that upgrading to .5 I will lose all my plugins and installed programs (e.g. SickBeard, CouchPotato, Maraschino, PlexMediaSever, etc...).
    I was wondering if there was a way to save all my user preferences for all of my apps and then use the clean upgrade script after doing:

Code
    sudo dpkg --get-selections > installed-applications.txt

&& then after install

Code
    sudo dpkg --set-selections < installed-applications.txt
    sudo apt-get -y update
    sudo apt-get dselect-upgrade

and then restore all my preferences?

Also I'm curious if I'll lose all my mounting, share, user, and FTP information? I've never done an update in any Linux that said I had to delete everything I've installed and setup before.

Here's my current installed-applications.txt ►Here
    my current OMV installed plugin list and sidebar:

Modpic.gif

Dell Precision T3500
    Processor:
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.2ghz
    Memory:
    26GB RAM
    Kernel: Linux 5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64
    Version: 5.6.2-1 (Usul) Debian Buster [From Fresh Install of 5]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hakarune ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would recommend staying on 0.4 until all the plugins you are using are ported. There really is no reason to move to 0.5 right now. If you did move to 0.5, the MySQL plugin is not done. You would probably need to resetup the minidlna, website, and transmissionbt plugins. I think the jhmiller script can reinstall without losing anything. Plex wouldn't be a problem at all.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I would recommend staying on 0.4 until all the plugins you are using are ported. There really is no reason to move to 0.5 right now. If you did move to 0.5, the MySQL plugin is not done. You would probably need to resetup the minidlna, website, and transmissionbt plugins. I think the jhmiller script can reinstall without losing anything. Plex wouldn't be a problem at all.

Okay, I'll stay on .4 and just update my installed apps and not the OS. Wasn't sure if it was worth it or not, if there was a simple way to save my settings I'd do it; I guess I'll just play the waiting game.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Modpic.gif

Dell Precision T3500
    Processor:
    Memory:
    26GB RAM

• Offizieller Beitrag

The OS will still update regardless of what version OMV you are running. OMV 0.4 is still supported as well. There is no way to save your settings. You can clone your OS drive with Clonezilla though.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

The OS will still update regardless of what version OMV you are running. OMV 0.4 is still supported as well. There is no way to save your settings. You can clone your OS drive with Clonezilla though.

So I can do

Code
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

and that won't upgrade my OMV install? I thought it'd upgrade me to the .5...

Modpic.gif

Dell Precision T3500
    Processor:
    Memory:
    26GB RAM

• Offizieller Beitrag

No need to run that command if you use the update in the web interface (does the same thing). The only way to upgrade to a new major revision of OMV is running omv-release-upgrade from the command line.

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

No need to run that command if you use the update in the web interface (does the same thing). The only way to upgrade to a new major revision of OMV is running omv-release-upgrade from the command line.

I've never actually used the Web interface to update lol :? I've always used the terminal to update and always used

Code
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Modpic.gif

Dell Precision T3500
    Processor:
    Memory:
    26GB RAM

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!