MiniDlna folder not display

• Hi,

I ask you, because i make the configuration of MiniDlna to scan my "Videos" Folder and i have only 3 folders of the 9...

my folder is on ssh :

On my DLNA device (I try 2 differents devices) i have only :
    Anime
    Clips
    Concerts

I check the permission but after ....
    In the log i have :

Code
    inotify.c:195: warn: WARNING: Inotify max_user_watches [8192] is low or close to the number of used watches [2878] and I do not have permission to increase this limit.  Please do so manually by writing a higher value into /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches.

thanks

OMV Erasmus (always the last version) - version:AMD64 - noyau:4.7.0 - CPU:AMD II X2 250 - RAM:8Gb - RAID1 and RAID5

• I never check before.
    I check on my Phone, PS3 and TV.

I try to create a add folder in MiniDLNA (example films) and i see the videos of this directory. (But it's strange that i can use the base folder)

OMV Erasmus (always the last version) - version:AMD64 - noyau:4.7.0 - CPU:AMD II X2 250 - RAM:8Gb - RAID1 and RAID5

• You can only add a shared folder. So any folders you want to see you need to have inside that shared folder. So say you make shared folder Media. Then you can do paths/folders like this:

/media/uuid/Media

Then in Media folder you have movies, tv, music.

/media/uuid/Media/movies
    /media/uuid/Media/tv
    /media/uuid/Media/music

Then in minidlna you add share from dropdown media and scan for all types you will have this in DLNA on your tv.
    On your TV in DLNA you goto server and you will have folders
    movies
    tv
    music

This should give you an idea how to setup.

On your setup above I see problems in ownership. Do you have all these directories in a shared folder??? All the folders and files in the shared folder should be root:users ownership. I don't know name of shared folder but you should do this in cli one level up from shared folder:

chown -R root:users nameofsharedfolder
    chmod -R 775 nameofsharedfolder ( if you have files that are sensitive in the shared folder do this instead- chmod -R 770 nameofsharedfolder)

****Important***** ALL SHARED MEDIA (music, videos, tv) should be in a shared folder that is separate from other file types ( like documents).

• I have correct the permission on my directory Videos. (This directory conatain all my videos folders)
    But i have the same result on DLNA devices

• To resolve the

Code
    inotify.c:195: warn: WARNING: Inotify max_user_watches [8192] is low or close to the number of used watches [2878] and I do not have permission to increase this limit.  Please do so manually by writing a higher value into /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches.

please read http://forums.openmediavault.o…p?f=13&t=520&p=8103#p8103

Also pay attention to the DLNA log file for other errors. Sometimes DLNA will error for problems with filenaming and so forth which will need to be corrected.

• Hi,

I'm back because i would like to use the DLNA function and i have always some folder missing.
    I use this command in my shell

Code
    /usr/sbin/minidlna -d -f /etc/minidlna.conf

The result of the scan freeze on one folder :

Code
    [2014/01/16 20:15:59] scanner.c:731: info: Scanning /media/2f34f888-6464-481e-8942-6cf39e8aeeef/Videos/Concerts/Seal - Soundstage

The properties of the folder are

Code
    drwxrwsr-x+  3 root   users  4096 13 janv. 20:13 Seal - Soundstage

I delete this file and use a second time the scan it freeze on another video and folder.
    All those video was in ".mpg" type.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

minidlna can be very picky about the media files. You could remove and re-encode the files. Once the next major version is out (based on wheezy), I am hoping to release a much needed update to minidlna that may fix this problem (not sure though). You could also try the Plex media server plugin.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks,
    The next major OMV based on wheezy?
    I think i will wait for those files. but i'm expect that the next OMV will come quickly...

For Plex i use XBMC and mysql database but on my free box (french internet box) i have only dlna.

• I have the same issue. Sometimes I rename a file, then it shows up. But sometimes that does make a different. I wish that someone can fix that issue with DNLA

• I have the same issue. Sometimes I rename a file, then it shows up. But sometimes that does make a different. I wish that someone can fix that issue with DNLA

I rename the file/folder using Windows via SMB. You can do that it will fix it but who has the patience to do that :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!