Blu-Ray Device not listed in /dev

• Hey guys,
    I'll use the SATA Port 5 of my HP N54L Microserver for my LG Blu-Ray Device.

Port 5/6 runs with AHCI and 3GBit/s with "TheBay_Microserver_Bios_041" - Mod

In Bootlog I can see the device and it displays the manufacture etc.

But I can't see it in /dev, there is no mapping.

Additional to that I can't see any SCSI Devices in /dev, only in the WebGUI.

For example:
    I can see my 3 HDDs in the WebGUI as /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc, /dev/sdd
    but they are not listet in /dev at the filesystem.

I think, thats strange...

Where does OpenMediaVault map scsi devices and how can I use my Blu-Ray Device?

Can anyone please help me?

Tanks in advance!

• If you want to use your bluray drive to transfer file you're better off with using it in your desktop pc. The driver support for bluray under linux isn't that big...

No Idea for the scsi drives...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thank you David for your reply!

Yes, with the bluray drive I wan't to copy big files with max performance to my raid1... i use the bluray drive for 2 years with many Linux distros (for example: ubuntu 12.04, 13.04 and debian 7) without
    any Problems. Maybe this is caused by debian6 ?

Do you see your HDDs in /dev at the filesystem ?
    If that's true I wonder how could my nas works... ;)

Greets
    Philipp

• Of course I see my drives in /dev, but only my system drive and one of my data drives.
    My raid hard disks need to be manually accessed, they only show up as one /dev/sdx device, but can be accessed via /dev/twaX or so...

Yeah... ubuntu uses way newer drivers, than debian. even debian 7 is not really up to date. I just know that you cant use a bluray drive for xbmc under linux, at least that used to be.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• You said you used it on other linux distros. Do you know what kernel it was working with??? Lately Volker has been stabilizing the new web-gui, based on extJS 4.2. He has already done some work on steps to Wheezy. I'm not sure when... it is a question for Volker.

• well... debian 7 has the 3.2 kernel, no backports kernel yet. I don't know which kernel will be the backports for wheezy...

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't have any problems with my bluray drive on OMV. It isn't mapped any different than the two dvd burners in it. sr2 is my bluray drive and I am using the backports kernel.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I've disabled hotplug but there was no change. The Message ata1.00: failed to enable AA (error_mask = 0x1) occours again.
    Because there were no change I enabled it again.

Don't ask me why, but now i can see /dev/sr0 and I could mount it! :D

How can I mount a Movie - Bluray or an Audio CD? Mount wanna have the filesystemtype...

Has anyone an idea which parameters are needed to mount Movie-Bluray or Audio CD?

thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!