[SOLVED] FTP cancels download

• Ok, so i tried diffewrent things, but nothing helped.
    So i have no idea whats wrong with the FTP.
    I tried it without the SSL/TLS, but there was the same Problem with the timeout after 600 sec.
    I tried different passiv port on my router...
    I tried an other FTP programm with the client (normaly we use filezilla, now we tried FTP commander...

• I try to setup ftp and start a download. Is it one big file or multiple files that you try to download?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Download runs since 15 minutes straigt for me. LAN. With WinSCP via FTP. Speed capped so only one file is transfered.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• So, i wasn't able to run the FTP without this problem till today.
    Has anybody an idea what i can do ?

Ontherwise i will delet the FTP ore try an other OS.

• Offizieller Beitrag

While I don't think it is an OS problem, I am curious to know if changing the OS fixes the problem.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Did you try if this happens too when you download via your local network? Use a ftp client that can cap the speed so you only load one file over this 10 minutes. (I later also checked to download one file through my internetconnection and even that connection held longer than 10 minutes)

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Ego"

But what can be the problem ?
    The router ? switch ?

Internet provider would be my first thought because it seems like most OMV users aren't having this problem.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• David

Yes i tried it over my LAN but there is no problem.
    And it doesen't matter if i use the FTP over LAN at the same time ore onely one client over WAN. the problem comes always for the client over WAN.

ryecoaaron
    hmm ok. but if that is the problem the osolution would be to change the provider, and that is no option.
    Because there is no other provider in Germany with 10mbit/s upload

• Huh?...kein anderen Provider in Deutschland mit 10mbit upload? Das bietet doch nicht nur die Telekom an...

Can you try to check if this happens for other connections, too? e.g. http/s download?

Gruß
    David

• Can you present a http download with your OMV machine to the internet and try to download it from wan.

Greetings
    David

• I need to ask a friend which also has deutsche telekom as a provider... maybe he can test this...
    I guess you have a private contract with vdsl 50k?

Greetings
    David

• Hi
    Today i tried it the other way, to upload a File over WAN to the FTP.
    There is also an Error.
    "ftpcontrolsocket.cpp(1871):Waiting for replies to skip before sending next command... caller =0p-492ff50"
    "ETIMEDOUT-Connection attempt timed out"

:shock: What is that ??

So up and download is not working over the full time.
    I'm cofused. :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like your internet connection may be dropping packets.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!