[RESOLVED] Install issue

• I downloaded the appropriate ISO and burned to DVD.
    On installation, I just get a basically a blank screen with the single text line.... Like Debian, author name and cursor flashing ?

Ok is the bit I'm missing that on whatever device, PC I'm installing it on, I SHOULD only have one hard drive to install, all the rest of the drives disconnected,or for at least that event they should be disconnected ?
    They are all connected at present.

Is this valid ?
    Is it as simple as that ?

Please confirm.

Walter

• Zitat von "Mweelrea"

Should have said its a win 7 pro 32 bit OS I'm using.

Walter

What is?

I hope not the machine you are trying to install on, or I hope you understand that the Windows install will go bye-bye when you install OMV...

• You know installing a OMV ISO will wipe whatever operating system clean that is there and replace it with Debian/OMV. If this is what you are trying to do a common problem can be the serial port. Go into your bios and disable the serial port. Also, the only drive that should be connected on install is the system drive.

• It's ok, it was the serial port that was stopping boot progressing. Yes I'm ok with wiping everything on the device and a clean install, don't know why I even mentioned the windows version since it's irrelevant to this installation.

Thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!