Remote OMV shutdown (using icons on Windows desktop)

• Dear all,

My name is PStein and would like to introduce me as a OMV newbie from Vienna/Austria (:o).

I am using OMV 0.5.12 Sardaukar on a N54L – HP Microserver in a home network with up to four Windows 7 clients. The server itself is mainly used as a video/mp3 store and subordinated as a store for business data’s. -- I tested some other OS’s, but the OMV meets my demands best – except one annoying “shutdown- issue” which I was not able to solve until now (before this OMV installation I had no experience with Linux):

I am trying to create two icons for the Windows clients with the purpose to start the server / to shut it down. I tried to follow this “Remote Linux shutdown or reboot icons on Windows desktop”
    tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfzVByTDsqE) similarly, but I without success. I followed all the instructions (starting with putty, login, password, I was also able to create an new user, but I had to stop, when I OMV did not executed the command “sudo chown powerguy /home/powerguy”

List of commands IN ORDER
    sudo useradd powerguy
    sudo mkdir /home/powerguy
    sudo chown powerguy /home/powerguy
    sudo su powerguy
    mkdir .ssh
    pico .ssh/authorized_keys
    ls .ssh
    exit
    exit
    sudo visudo

(insert this): Cmnd_Alias POWER = /sbin/reboot,/sbin/shutdown
    (insert this): powerguy ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: POWER

exit

these are the commands to put in putty's config:

sudo reboot
    sudo shutdown -h now
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Is there any idea how to solve the shutdown problem (btw: I am using the WOL function via an android app, so that my problem is in fact just to shut the server down remotely).

Best regards + thanks to all
    PStein

• Yes, I use the autoshutdown from the Unofficial PiR plug already. Two issues doen't suit for me, firstly that OMV would not shut down as long as a client is in the (home) network and secondly I will not use the server for several hours, so we primarely found this putty shutdown solution. - Any way. Many thanks for your input Wastl.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!