Pinned Backup a live system

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Here is the clonezilla-part:

Source Code

1. ### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/42_clonezilla ###
      2. menuentry "Clonezilla Live" {
      3. set isofile="/boot/clonezilla-live-2.2.3-25-i686-pae.iso"
      4. loopback loop $isofile
      5. linux (loop)/live/vmlinuz boot=live live-config noswap nolocales edd=on nomodeset ocs_live_run="ocs-live-general" ocs_live_extra_param="" keyboard-layouts="" ocs_live_batch="no" locales="" ocs_daemonon="ssh" vga=788 nosplash toram=filesystem.squashfs findiso=$isofile
      6. initrd (loop)/live/initrd.img
      7. }
      8. ### END /etc/grub.d/42_clonezilla ###

and if needed you can view the complete file here: pastebin.com/UNxRdrEx
    • What is the output of: md5sum /boot/clonezilla-live-2.2.3-25-i686-pae.iso
      Should be: 194891612df727aa74d44c0c9aee0318

If the checksum matches, try rebooting now?
      omv 4.0.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.13 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.0
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

Starting to run out of ideas...

I reached this points two days ago :D

Source Code

1. /dev/sda5: UUID="f5083aca-9338-4563-93f9-9499741f1630" TYPE="swap"
      2. /dev/sda3: UUID="jRC6nX-tgUq-Xx9F-4y1m-pK0Z-iX8Q-pDRESe" TYPE="LVM2_member"
      3. /dev/sda1: UUID="c8db7ac3-c958-4153-8cc9-aaeded2f07a3" TYPE="ext4"
      4. /dev/sda6: UUID="c3038f9f-1230-4f95-90f1-56f0d021f942" TYPE="ext4"
      5. /dev/sdb1: LABEL="Disk1" UUID="e433b5c0-0d6f-453d-8176-842a60e96283" TYPE="ext4"

Source Code

1. # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
      2. #
      3. # Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
      4. # device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
      5. # that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
      6. #
      7. # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
      8. # / was on /dev/sda6 during installation
      9. UUID=c3038f9f-1230-4f95-90f1-56f0d021f942 / ext4 noatime,nodiratime,discard,errors=remount-ro 0 1
      10. # /boot was on /dev/sda1 during installation
      11. UUID=c8db7ac3-c958-4153-8cc9-aaeded2f07a3 /boot ext4 defaults 0 2
      12. # swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation
      13. UUID=f5083aca-9338-4563-93f9-9499741f1630 none swap sw 0 0
      14. /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0
      15. tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0
      16. # >>> [openmediavault]
      17. UUID=e433b5c0-0d6f-453d-8176-842a60e96283 /media/e433b5c0-0d6f-453d-8176-842a60e96283 ext4 defaults,nofail,acl,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0 2
      18. # <<< [openmediavault]
      Display All

Edit:
      pastebin.com/FEGhgQSX (no line breaks)
    • The problem is your /boot folder is not on your root drive (partition). While I am very familiar with that configuration (separate boot partition) from my Gentoo days, /boot isn't mounted when grub is looking for the ISO file.
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

• Nope. Restore is still complicated.

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • Hey Guys

Love the idea of this plugin.
      I have created a backup of my system drive using this plugin (/media/9b6b07ad-2d63-4267-8129-25fbe8940664/omvbackup), now what I would like to is grab that backup and put in onto another computer (as a backup file) so then I can use clonezilla on the different system to restore the image to another drive without the possibility of screwing up my current omv system (id prefer to do this on another system while I'm still new at it) , how would I go about this?

Also I'm still running OMV 0.5.53 Sardaukar, and backup plugin 0.5.2 does this mean I wont be able to boot into clonezilla directly from the webui? I don't seem to have those options

Cheers

The post was edited 2 times, last by irwazza ().

• Is the other computer running Linux? If not, I don't think it would keep proper permissions if you put it on a Windows system.

The easiest way to put it on another system would be to use the usbbackup plugin to sync the shared folder user for the backup to a usb stick

The clonezilla option is on the OMV 1.0 version of the plugin. You could still boot the clonezilla cd on your system though.

• ryecoaaron wrote:

I don't think there will ever be a restore that works from the GUI. Restoring by booting clonezilla is still the best way in my opinion.

And if I reboot from the WebGui in Clonezilla - I can manage backups remotely from shh? or only need locally is near the server and monitor / keyboard / mouse?
      I never used Clonezilla ...
      omv 1.0.29 kralizec | 64 bit | 3.2.0-4 kernel | omvextrasorg 1.0.13 (Sorry for my bad english...)
    • SSH works, username root and password probably openmediavault

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.
    • It will only once boot CloneZilla, then again it defaults to OpenMediaVault.

Greetings
      David

• Hey Folks,

got trouble while shrinking my ext4 root volume --> short version: I made a clean Install and now i want to get back to my old config ( made a backup bevore ) 8o
      The old install was an upgrade from 0.5 to 1.x, so the clean install is helpfull i think
      Any hints what files I should recover and what files should stay from the new install??

Of course it would be very nice if my whole config work with all users, shared folders, plex, smb, and so on can get recovered --> the orig config.xml is usable.

Is there a way to get the testing recovery funktion to try this out?

THX Thomas
      Please donate for this project

http://www.openmediavault.org/donate.html
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest