• Hi there,

i'm new hat OMV. I like it but i have some issues to the WAKE ON LAN function.

first of all: my system configuration:

ASROCK E35LM1 R2.0
    4 GB RAM
    2x2TB RAID-0

i had some trouble to configure WOL because the "just click in the interface"-method doesn't work. so i started to configure wol via ssh, with some ubuntu and debian guides as orientation.
    I've made some chances at /etc/network/interfaces, i added

Code
    pre-down /usr/sbin/ethtool -s eth0 wol g

that alone doesn't work so i've added

Code
    ethtool -s eth0 wol g

to /etc/rc.local

Now i coul'd shut down with

Code
    shutdown -h now

and start the pc up with a magic packet from another pc. worked fine. (I've also installed pm-utils but the system doesn't boot up correctly from pm-suspend or pm-hibernate)

I don't know what happend. This morning i tried to boot the OMV up same way i did it days before but nothing happend. so I started it manually, shut it down and tried to boot it with WOL. nothing.
    I don't know why, i've made no changes to the system except system updates with the web UI.

I think the OMV is shutting down the network interface, because it doesn't even react on physical actions at the network interface

Code
    ethtool -s eth0 wol p

i've thested the p parameter while WOL worked fine. the reaction was shutdown and boot up again after just one second. so i expected the same reaction but nothing. the system shut down and stayed off.

i've also read that it could be necessary to add some params at etc/init.d/halt, to prevent the interface shutdown at power off. so i changed the NETDOW to

Code
    NETDOWN=no

it's still not working and i don't know why.
    The bios is configured correctly, i've checked that.

so maybe someone has a good idea what to do.

best regards

• I have the same matter like you. I have a Gigabyte Motherboard with Realtek chipset; I buy a Intel 1000CT and my WOL don't work. i can make a pm-suspend and wake up but whien i tried pm-hibernate or halt i can't wake up...i really don't understand

• Hi,

I currently try to activate wol aswell. I activated the option at the web interface and did

Code
    ethtool -s eth0 wol g

what seems to be working after checking with

Code
    ethtool eth0

My question is how am I able to send a MagicPacket from my Windows 7 computer?

regards

MAiniak

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!