iTunes / DAAP - Failed to execute command

• Hello,

I have a new clean folder with 10 mp3's and a m4v. I then point DAAP at this folder and attempt to enable the service. On clicking apply changes I get the following error.

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'forked-daapd' start 2>&1': Starting RSP and DAAP media server: invoke-rc.d: initscript forked-daapd, action "start" failed.

--- Details ---
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'forked-daapd' start 2>&1': Starting RSP and DAAP media server: invoke-rc.d: initscript forked-daapd, action "start" failed.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc:169
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(141): OMVSysVInitScript->invoke('start')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(61): OMVSysVInitScript->start()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/forkeddaapd.inc(91): OMVSysVInitScript->exec()
    #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(183): OMVModuleForkedDaapd->startService()
    #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(230): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #7 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #11 {main}

• Hi,

unfortunately it does not work for me. My share has no spaces but i still have this error. I did a reboot.

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'forked-daapd' start 2>&1': Starting RSP and DAAP media server: invoke-rc.d: initscript forked-daapd, action "start" failed.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc:169
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(141): OMVSysVInitScript->invoke('start')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(61): OMVSysVInitScript->start()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/forkeddaapd.inc(91): OMVSysVInitScript->exec()
    #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(204): OMVModuleForkedDaapd->startService()
    #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(253): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #7 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #11 {main}

Thank you for your help.

• Whats the output of service forked-daapd start via CLI?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hello, I ran the command but had restarted the server, so not sure which fixed it, but its running now.

There is no artwork though, is that normal? Otherwise it seems fine.

• Na its going again

Here is the output

Code
    service forked-daapd start

Starting RSP and DAAP media server:     main: Forked Media Server Version 0.19 taking off

forked-daapd.

In the GUI it says its off, turning it on get 'failed to start'

Trying the command again, just says: Starting RSP and DAAP media server: root@openmediavault:~#

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like he is using .19 which is old. kralizec will let you use 21.0.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like he is using .19 which is old. kralizec will let you use 21.0.

Yeah.. I totally missed that.

Try this:

Code
    Remove the plugin from the webUI
    at the console... wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/forked-daapd/forked-daapd_21.0-2+b1_amd64.deb (if you're using 32bit.. wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/forked-daapd/forked-daapd_21.0-2+b1_i386.deb )
    After it downloads, install it.  dpkg -i forked-(hit tab key to auto complete)
    After it installs.. it should start automatically, but make sure it's running by service forked-dappd status
    Reinstall the forked-daapd plugin in the webUI.

Edit: I was just messing around in a .5 install I still had in vBox.. I don't think this is gonna work as it got a bunch of dependency errors. For some reason I thought I had gotten that to work under .5, however I think it was when I was trying to run .19 under OMV 1.0... upgrading to .21 resolved the problem. Probably best to go ahead and upgrade to 1.0 if having an iTunes server is that important to you.

• I ran the above commands with the following output:

• Offizieller Beitrag

A lot of multimedia packages from wheezy don't work on squeeze. That is why this isn't working on your system. You will probably need to upgrade to OMV 1.0

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!