[RESOLVED] Netatalk error afp.service: parse failure

• Hi guys,

since the update to OSX Mavericks, I'm not able to access the time machine share. the mentioned share won't be displayed within my shares, as well all other AFP shares, without the Time Machine -support flag aren't as well available. I was able to connect via Terminal to my-lan-ip + port 548 but later on the time machine wasn't able to start the backup.

Any ideas what shall be changed on my configuration ?

Here's the syslog output:

Code
    NAS avahi-daemon[12623]: Loading service file /services/afp.service.
    Oct 24 15:57:13 NAS avahi-daemon[12623]: /services/afp.service: parse failure: service group incomplete.
    Oct 24 15:57:13 NAS avahi-daemon[12623]: Failed to load service group file /services/afp.service, ignoring.

could someone post his apf.service file ? I would like to compare them:

• Hey!

just since OSX Mavericks? Or have you changed anything with OMV also?

I´m running a fresh clean installed OMV 0.5 with Netatalk-Plugin and an upgraded Mountain Lion to Mavericks MacBook Pro. No Problems here!
    OMV shows up almost instantly in my Finder and TimeMachine works too. So at least i can say it should work ;)

Are you able to connect via Finder (Finder >> Gehe zu >> Mit Server verbinden) to your OMV --> "afp://OMVIP"?

• Hi,

indeed I'm able to connect via afp to the mentioned Time Machine share, as well I may create folders and delete files but my Time Machine cannot start the backup via the manual connect.

Really strange. I will try to re-install the Netatalk-Plugin.

After reinstalling I've checked the logs:
    Faild to load service group file /services/afp.service, ignoring
    /services/afp.service: parse failure: service group incomplete

I think thats the pain point? How to fix that? I do not want to setup my whole environment again :oops:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is my services file and I'm not having a problem after upgrading to Mavericks.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you, I was able to fix it!

Just exchanged this line with yours:
    <name replace-wildcards="yes">%h - Apple Filing</name>

I'm not able to change the settings within Apple Filling via OMV WebIf, otherwise the file gets overwritten again...so, never touch a running system :mrgreen:

Thanks again 8-)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!