GUI Mount does not mount my filesystem?

• Hello all,

(I'm new in OMV, have been watching it from afar while using another NAS solution, and am now testing it considering to make the switch - it looks cool).

My problem:
    I have followed [url=http://wiki.openmediavault.org/index.php?title=Encrypted_OMV_installation_with_aes-xts-plain64_cipher,_random_key_for_swap_and_exposing_the_rest_of_boot_disk_to_store_data]this[/url] great article to create an encrypted array. I followed it only partially since for now I have not encrypted my system disk, just the array.

Now: everything works well at first. Filesystem immediately identified by the web gui, and "mount" works well. I went on to add shares on that FS, and share them with both NFS and SMB. So far so good.

Then, I went on to reboot the system. Since my encrypted filesystem is not opened automatically, the server comes up with the filesystem sort of "unavailable". This is okay (with me, at least). I log into the console and use cryptsetup to open the filesystem. Still works well, and the encrypted volume comes up.

NOW, I go back to the web GUI "Filesystems" dialog. It immediately sees the filesystem I opened (nice!!!), however when I select it and click "Mount", nothing happens. The button silently clicks, but has no effect. fs is not mounted (and "config has changed" does not pop up...). No matter what I do, the web GUI would not mount this filesystem.

Moving on: I mount the file system manually from the console. Not a problem; it mounts nicely (the mount point with the UUID is already there from last time). Web GUI sees that it's mounted but does not assume control (i.e. the "unmount" button is greyed out).

Sorry for the lengthy description. Now: It's likely I'm doing something wrong. Can someone please tell me what it is?
    Does the opening of the filesystem need to be done "early" in the bringing up of the server? Is there another order of doing things that will solve this problem? Why does it happen in the 1st place?

Thanks for any insight.

• You could use "mount -a" on the commandline to mount anyhting that is written to the fstab from OMV (which should include all your drives)

For the other things i have to pass, except that if the drives are missing while booting, your system will go into maintenance and you have to type ctrl+d to continue.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thank you!

Indeed "mount -a" deals with the quirks (both mounting the actual fs and also the "bind" type mounts of the NFS pseudo root), so this is good.

If I could understand what makes the "mount" and "unmount" buttons on the filesystems tab "tick", i.e. if I can do anything to make this filesystem manageable by web GUI even though I added it manually (and later) - that would be just perfect.

I must say I'm quite impressed with OMV so far. And I've been using most of the "competing" packages.

• I guess you GUI ran into a timeout, maybe due to a slow CPU?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!