PuTTY and WinSCP - alternative for Mac Users

• As we all know Apple software is the best woldwide because it is from Apple and everything is sooo beautiful and so simple.

For those who are Apple users but not Apple fanboys here are my results for alternative Mac software:

1. PuTTY -> PuTTY
    http://codingsteps.com/install…-using-putty-on-mac-os-x/

for further informations (installing MacPorts) see here:
    http://guide.macports.org/#installing

Works also with OSX 10.6 if you are installing XQuartz instead of X11 from your installation DVD.

2. WinSCP -> Transmit (unfortunately it costs 29,99 € in the Mac App Store). In addition you can also mount the system device of your server in the woldclass build in Mac - filemanager called "Finder" (or worse filemanager alternatives like Path Finder).

I could not find similar WinSCP freeware for Mac. Cyberduck is not similar. Maybe someone else can recommend Apple freeware al la WinSCP?

OMV 0.5.x - 64 bit - 3.2 Backport Kernel
    HP HP ProLiant MicroServer N54L (4GB RAM), HDD: 1 x 160 GB, 1 x WD RED 3 TB, Clients: Mac OSX 10.6, Win7

• Erm.... why do you want to use PuTTY on a system where you have the SSH Client onboard?

For the WinSCP part, learn how to use SCP on the commandline...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "davidh2k"

Erm.... why do you want to use PuTTY on a system where you have the SSH Client onboard?

For the WinSCP part, learn how to use SCP on the commandline...

Greetings
    David

That's what I was thinking.. but I've never understood Mac-heads.

I've also saw Linux users trying to get Putty working w/ wine... again, this just makes absolutely zero sense to me....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!