[HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

• You can also exclude folders where you know you'll unpack temporary files, and will be excluded by the parity.

This is managed by SnapRAID itself and can be achieved via OMV SnapRAID Settings.

Thanks, just few days as use this FS, did not know all details.

BTW, for status and smart I created a short shell script, because wanted to receive details in telegram:

Bash: snapraid_status.sh
    snapraid smart | tee /home/snapraid_log/smart.log
    snapraid status | tee /home/snapraid_log/status.log

/home/telegramSend.sh "$(date "+%H:%M:%S  %d.%m.%y")"$'\n'"Snapraid SMART"$'\n'$'\U2611'$'\n'"$(cat /home/snapraid_log/smart.log)"$'\n'$'\U2705'

/home/telegramSend.sh "$(date "+%H:%M:%S  %d.%m.%y")"$'\n'"Snapraid Status"$'\n'$'\U2611'$'\n'"$(cat /home/snapraid_log/status.log)"$'\n'$'\U2705'

Maybe will be useful for someone.

• d13m looks nice! You can make a PR on GitHub and we'll look into it.

To make it really effective, I think we should compare the previous smart report and only produce an output if there's a difference. But requires some knowledge and I'm still new to bash.

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), Several HDDs (Data) w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

• So I'm looking to use this plugin on top of a BTRFS setup now that the filesystem has gotten better integration with OMV's stock GUI. The Snapraid documentation mentions needing to "build SnapRAID with the libblkid library to get UUID support", but it doesn't seem like they've updated their info in years. Is that something that's included in this plugin now?

It also says multiple BTRFS snapshots aren't supported. Could I safely use the new BTRFS snapshot system in the GUI if I added a Snapraid exclusion for the ".snapshots" directory? I know other tools like Snapper exist but I'm not really interested in doing anything outside the OMV family. I just want BTRFS snapshots to do their thing and Snapraid to do its thing, and I'd like to make sure there's no compatibility issues there. Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Snapraid documentation mentions needing to "build SnapRAID with the libblkid library to get UUID support", but it doesn't seem like they've updated their info in years. Is that something that's included in this plugin now?

Never looked. I build the snapraid binaries with the default configure included in the snapraid source. But after reading the History file in the source, I would need libblkid-dev installed on the server. I don't. So, it seems it is not enabled. I just built the snapraid amd64 package with libblkid-dev installed and put it in the testing repo.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

So I need to do this to upgrade to snapraid 6.2 for split parity support but I don’t have the option to enable the test repo. Perhaps I’m doing something wrong.

My message was from a long time ago. I got rid of the option to add the testing repo because too many people just check all of the boxes and end up with testing versions they don't want.

You can install with:

wget https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/packages/raw/master/debian/pool/main/o/openmediavault-snapraid/openmediavault-snapraid_6.2.1_all.deb

sudo dpkg -i openmediavault-snapraid_6.2.1_all.deb

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You are fantastic! Much appreciated :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!