[HowTo] SnapRAID in OMV

• As ryecoaaron said, Plex and minidlna are servers that stream to clients using DLNA rather than relying on NFS/SMB. They allow you to consolidate multiple sources under each "library" (eg. TV, Movies, Music, etc.) you create.

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I am changing snapraid to add its own samba share for the pool just like greyhole adds samba shares. I will also add a button in the commands tab to execute the pool statement. All of this is why I am working on an aufs plugin which would be a read/write pool. Then you wouldn't need the snapraid pool.

Awesome news ryecoaaron. I have played around with aufs a bit and I like that it supports pretty much any underlying filesystem without introducing CPU overhead like mhddfs (a FUSE filesystem). I look forward to trying out the plugin. Currently, I think aufs is the best alternative to something like Greyhole as they provide quite similar functionality with aufs being a lighter weight option that doesn't require dependencies like MySQL and also allows NFS (Greyhole is SMB only). I will have to spend some time to see where the real tradeoffs are.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Carnajo"

Does minidlna preserve folder structures? For Mede8er I need an about.jpg and folder.jpg and xml file in the same folder as the movie file.

Yes.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Update plugin with pooling is in repo.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• FYI, I hate to make more work for you, but the latest SnapRAID is currently v5.1. I assume you are compiling SnapRAID from source for the plugin and GitHub shows v5.0 for the binary from what I can tell. Unfortunately, I am unable to check this on my test OMV VM atm.

Thanks again for the work on this plugin. I hope to find time to go over the plugin development posts, then perhaps I can take a stab at contributing more directly to OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will update (wrote a script to download and compile). I didn't notice 5.1 was out. Thanks!

** Update is in the repo (i386 will come tomorrow)

• Viald's comments about Greyhole not working with Plex are inaccurate. It works perfectly with it if the shares are not mounted. Hellspawn makes many good comments and his information is accurate. Just read through all these last night because I've been thinking about Greyhole(for pooling & balancing) over SnapRaid(for disk recovery). But after thinking it through I believe it is still possible to have some issues. I think the Raid features and Pooling need to be integrated to be perfect. Has anyone tried FlexRaid???

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Has anyone tried FlexRaid???

I think you want zfs :)

• Hi, currently i'm using LVM for pooling my drives and obtain a one big partition for storaging >50gb files and I mount this lvm as a share in OMV, but the performances are very poor (44mb/s in write, tested with dd).
    The disks, obviously, can run faster. I'm sure that the the bottle neck is in the LVM usage.
    It's possible to use snapraid just for a simple pooling? I don't need the parity disk, if one disk crash and I lost the data saved on that peace.........

• Offizieller Beitrag

snapraid's pooling is read only. I am working on a plugin for aufs which is what you want.

• Why happen the error when I apply changes.The OMV on virtualbox testing.

Code
    Failed to execute command 'sudo omv-mkconf snapraid 2>&1': To use the 'pool' command you must set the pool directory in the configuration file Self test... Loading state from /media/2d0bc34e-77bd-4369-b223-8d84abe286ef/.content...

China|OMV 3 - 64 bit HP N54L,4G RAM,8G SSD(OS),3Tx1(Data),1T×1(Data),250G×1(Data),160G×1(Data).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you post a pic of your snapraid settings screen?

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is a bug. Even if you don't have the pool enabled, it tries to start the pool. I will fix it.

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

That is a bug. Even if you don't have the pool enabled, it tries to start the pool. I will fix it.

Thanks,I feel SnapRAID is very suitable for home. :D

China|OMV 3 - 64 bit HP N54L,4G RAM,8G SSD(OS),3Tx1(Data),1T×1(Data),250G×1(Data),160G×1(Data).

• Offizieller Beitrag

amd64 package updated. I will upload i386 later.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Interesting read. The developer of snapraid is creating a linux module for raid.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!