ATTN: ALL USERS HELP

• I did it! Lol, never knew that one can rate sourceforge downloads...never took the time to read anything on this website instead of green download buttons. I feel a bit bad about it.

• sheng, well thats where the stars come from. From your feedback and rating! Don't feel bad about it but rather feel good that you finally wrote some feedback and voted for OMV.

Thank you mauromol ;)

As allways, your contributions are aprecciated!

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi WastlJ!
    Only what it deserves...
    Another reason for my loving this OS is because freenas is so hands on...webmin has a java applet for connecting to your files and that doesn't mix with Swedish so well despite all the right locales....!!

Not a webmin problem but java...but the so called excellent support they have couldn't even respond to a thread I started....

A lot of software is not free like Naslite and that is just so boring....been there....got the T-shirt!

OpenMediaVault have filled a very needed spot for decent NAS software and that is a good enough reason for me!!

Brilliant!

bookie56

• done.

OMV 5 | 64 bit | backport kernels | latest omvextrasorg
    low power Skylake NAS build <= 10 watts idle (4 disks), Fujitsu D3417-B, 16GB ECC RAM, 4x4TB WD Red - RAIDZ1, 128GB M.2 NVMe SSD boot.
    backup NAS HP Proliant N54L, 4GB ECC RAM, 4x4TB WD Red - RAID 5, 30GB SATA boot.

• done, too :)

My wiki : http://howto-it.dethegeek.eu.org

= latest setup =
    proxmox VE 6 hypervisor on a J1900 CPU + 8GB RAM
    guests : OpenWRT (VM), OMV 5 (VM), Samba 4 domain controller (LXC)
    OMV alive since 2011 I guess : never crashed, always upgraded : stronger than my hard drives.

Searching for a P2P online storage solution : must be open source, client side encrypted, quota supprt. Tahoe LAFS is the nearest, but is lacking quota. Would be perfect to build a OMV based, anonymous online storage for backups

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "OFcrankin"

Done! Up to 4.9 out of 5...

By the way, another place OMV needs to rank higher is Distrowatch.

Noob here, please see my help request :oops:

Good point about Distrowatch. We need people to visit the OpenMediaVault page on Distrowatch to increase the hits moving it up in the list. It is almost in the top 100.

Help request where?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• A little bit late, but done :)

People will choose many related support and communication. On the main page of OMV, it would be nice to highlight the community support (forum and 3rd party plugins).

To be honest, with all the existing server systems, it was difficult to find you. I seem to have found the gem, in fact it is because of the research done on Greyhole I came across by chance OMV.

Thank you and good continuity still Volker and all the community for the wonderful work done to date.

cheers!

NeurOSick
    Hardware ASRock N68C-GS, AMD FX-4100 8GB RAM
    OMV3 Distro + OMV-Extra + Docker + OpenVPN = Unlimited possibilities!

• Is there a update on a release date for omv 1.0 also will it be a simple upgrade or a reinstall. Am not sure how Linux os go with updates or if it's like windows going from 7-8 were it's basically a reinstall.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• Upgrade, no sure ETA yet, but it won't take long anymore. Just wait some more days for Volker to finish last things.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!