apple afp plugin not right

• HI I have done a brand new clean install of OMV on the .5 release.

All pretty much vanilla, and spotted the apple filing protocol was in the pluggins so happy days.

however after creating a timemachine share there are issues.

The timemachine will not show as an available back up unless I manually mount the share.

The share does not show in the finder, I have to manually mount it via 'goto server' command

In short I don't think its 'broadcasting'

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is the name filled in under Network -> Service Discovery?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I am not sure what that means exactly.

What I can say is timemachine is all over the place, a real incompatibility between mavericks and .5 It might be mavericks to be honest it was not great under mountain lion.

But anyhow, basically after just two days the back up is not knackered and OSX has to begin again. I have been keeping an eye on it because some strangeness is occurring, possibly from the maverick end, but the two are not communicating properly. Everytime it backs up it doing between 10-20gigs, even though I barely use this mac for anything other than emails and surfing.

Also the time machine does not appear as 'BackUpDisk' as I named it, instead it appears as the IP address of the main server on all three macs doing timemachine. I am keeping an eye on the other two macs see what they are up too.

As I say I think mavericks is part of the problem.

• Hi guys!
    I'm experiencing the same issue that the afp service is not being broadcasted.
    I can connect to the share manually but my OMV server does not show in the list of network devices.

SMB shares do show however (listed as Windows server)

OMV is 0.5.21, installed with the official image (Squeeze based)
    Mac is running on Mavericks

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the Service Discovery is setup ok, then I would try rebooting OMV.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Service Discovery isn't the same as the service being enabled. You need to make sure the service name is here and checked. See my pic.

• I've got that enabled as well. Also tried entering a custom name and had a look at the avahi config files, but I am not able to figure out what went wrong.
    Could you upload your config for avahi perhaps?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is my afp.service:

• No problems here with OSX Mavericks.
    However, when I set up my OMV, I was still using Snow Leopard and running the Time Machine backup to a iOmega Storecenter, which made a lot of problems at the beginning. After setting up OMV, I copied the complete backup from the iOmega to the OMV and changed the backup drive in Time Machine configuration.

Due to the way I migrated to OMV, I don't know if it is necessary to set up the AFP drive on OMV for Time Machine Backups like I had to on the iOmega.
    Here is a description in German, how to set-up a NAS for Time Machine backups
    http://www.free-mac-software.c…e-maschine-mit-nas-nutzen

Here a manual in English how to set-up a NAS for Time Machine backups:
    http://code.stephenmorley.org/…chine-on-a-network-drive/

• You have to remove SMB/CIFS from Service Discovery to avoid any confusion. In fact, only AFP should be enabled on Service Discovery unless you have a very specific reason for anything else to be announced.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!