Serviio Install Guide

• Offizieller Beitrag

Emby & Plex is better than this.

Especially since they don't use Java :D

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sorry to reopen this old thread but I found it when I did a search on "openmediavault serviio". I am trying to build a replacement for my very, very, old Windows Home Server that has Serviio running on it. The hardware is so old it won't see big disks, it's got little memory and the fans sound like they have sand in them. That said it has never let me down. It never stops working unless I switch it off or there is a power cut. I collect films and music so I want to replace it before it finally goes bang and I lose my data.

This is my first experience of Linux and I am quite impressed with OMV even though I have only been running it for 12 hours. It does what it says on the tin and the following link was really good for setting it up which was really simple by the way.

https://www.howtoforge.com/tut…vault-nas/#-login-details

So I have read through this thread and wondered if you have looked at version 1.9 yet. One thing I noticed was that the interface has now dumped Flash, something you were not happy with I read.

I am very keen to crack on with this and get my Serviio serve setup and running. I understand your a busy chap bt if you could take a look at this and update your instructions I would really appreciate it.

The following link gives the release info.

http://serviio.org/download/9-…tes/101-release-notes-1-9

Many thanks in advance

Q

• Sorry to reopen this old thread but I found it when I did a search on "openmediavault serviio". I am trying to build a replacement for my very, very, old Windows Home Server that has Serviio running on it. The hardware is so old it won't see big disks, it's got little memory and the fans sound like they have sand in them. That said it has never let me down. It never stops working unless I switch it off or there is a power cut. I collect films and music so I want to replace it before it finally goes bang and I lose my data.

This is my first experience of Linux and I am quite impressed with OMV even though I have only been running it for 12 hours. It does what it says on the tin and the following link was really good for setting it up which was really simple by the way.

https://www.howtoforge.com/tut…vault-nas/#-login-details

So I have read through this thread and wondered if you have looked at version 1.9 yet. One thing I noticed was that the interface has now dumped Flash, something you were not happy with I read.

I am very keen to crack on with this and get my Serviio serve setup and running. I understand your a busy chap bt if you could take a look at this and update your instructions I would really appreciate it.

The following link gives the release info.

http://serviio.org/download/9-…tes/101-release-notes-1-9

Many thanks in advance

Q

UPDATE - Serviio does not work with this operating system. Followed the instructions and have tried to install it 7 times now. Have even wiped the HDD, reinstalled the operating system and then serviio. It still does not work. The only thing that installed properly was Java for which I followed the install procedures from Sun. Seeing as I never got a reply to this post, not even a "I will look into later as I don't have time now" I will have to look for another more friendly solution. Shame really but there you go. I have spent 13 hours on this so it looks like its time to give up.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Seeing as I never got a reply to this post, not even a "I will look into later as I don't have time now" I will have to look for another more friendly solution. Shame really but there you go. I have spent 13 hours on this so it looks like its time to give up.

How long do you think it should take to get a response on an old thread about something very few people use? You didn't even give it an entire day. The author of this how to doesn't visit the forum much anymore. Tagging him might have helped.

Serviio does not work with this operating system.

It uses java. I doubt it doesn't work on Debian since home page says it works on Linux. Maybe a package is missing or the wrong version of java is installed. The init script is also dated since OMV 3.x uses systemd (assuming you are using that since you didn't give any system details other than it is old).

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello,

I am tried install serviio by this guide few times, but when i checked serviio service status i have few errors. "Active:failed"

Where can be problem in this case? I am newbie with ssh, so do not judge me please.

Thx.

• When I run manually I got something about java.

• There is java version:

Code
    root@openmediavault3:~# java -version
    java version "1.7.0_151"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.6.11) (7u151-2.6.11-2~deb8u1)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.151-b01, mixed mode)
    root@openmediavault3:~#

Should I install other java version? Thx.

• It looks like you are running OMV 3. If that is true then the latest version of Serviio 1.9 will not work as it does not support your version of Java. It requires Java 1.8. You could install the backports version of Java 1.8 if you plan to stay on OMV 3. I would recommend you upgrade to OMV 4 but be sure to backup your data before you upgrade to be on the safe side.

• The maintainer of Serviio recently released a new version of 2.0 in May 2019. To continue using the pro release, the maintainer requires a purchase of a new license. Additionally, future releases would also require a purchase of a new license as described on the free vs. pro page here. Because of this choice by the maintainer, I am no longer updating this installation guide. If your looking to still use the free version, I recommend you follow the guides provided in the Serviio getting started guide. I have enjoyed using Serviio as an alternative DLNA server. I currently use Plex as my primary media and DLNA server with the purchase of the lifetime updates. I feel my investment into Plex has been worth the cost. There is other projects such as Emby that are also worth looking into. Take time to consider what best suites your needs and then you will be happy. I want to thank everyone who supported this guide for Serviio. This thread will now be closed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!