SOLVED: The configuration has been changed. You must apply

• I'm running openmediavault_0.5.20. I have two big problems with it so far. First of all SSH does not start (at boot) most times even though it's enabled in the services. It shows a green indicator for "enabled" but grey for "running". I have to physically attach to the server and

Code
    /etc/init.d/ssh start

This works until the next boot.

The 2nd problem occurred after I enabled Squeeze backports to get Kernel 3.2.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.46-1+deb7u1~bpo60+1. I needed this to use my RocketRAID 2720SGL card. Anyway, after installing build-essential and the kernel (+headers) I have the card working. I did an apt-get upgrade and that's when I noticed this message at the top of the screen. "The configuration has been changed. You must apply the change". After I click Apply I get this

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# cat /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/iptables
    #!/bin/sh
    # ifpreup hook script for iptables
    # Generated by OpenMediaVault

iptables -t filter -F
    ip6tables -t filter -F
     -A  -p  -j 
     -A  -p  -j

Any help appreciated.

• Your title says what you have to do. Enable the configuration changes and ssh will work. Either click the green button, the rotating arrows or the apply button in the yellow box... (depending on OMV Version)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I have done all updates already. The ssh problem has existed from the moment I installed OMV.

When I click Apply I get the error above. The warning never disappears. Every time I Apply the error shows.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please tell and show us your firewall configuration. The best would be to extract the <iptables> section from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and post it here. It looks like

• Sorry for the delay in getting back. A long day at work.

• I have this sorted now (I think). I added the SSH rule from your example including the uuid, saved the file and rebooted. I no longer have the "Apply" section at the top of the screen and no error appearing. I can ssh into the server also. However the boot log is still showing this:

Code
    Thu Nov 14 21:59:35 2013: Setting up networking....
    Thu Nov 14 21:59:35 2013: Configuring network interfaces.../etc/network/if-pre-up.d/iptables: 7: -A: not found
    Thu Nov 14 21:59:35 2013: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/iptables: 7: -A: not found
    Thu Nov 14 21:59:35 2013: SIOCSIFADDR: File exists
    Thu Nov 14 21:59:35 2013: Failed to bring up lo.
    Thu Nov 14 21:59:35 2013: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/iptables: 7: -A: not found
    Thu Nov 14 21:59:37 2013: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/iptables: 7: -A: not found
    Thu Nov 14 21:59:38 2013: done.

Could you advise if this thread can be closed or if the above log section highlights an issue still to be fixed?

Thanks very much for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!