[Solved] - No such file or directory (2) error

• READ CAREFULLY! "look at the command carefully see the word (update)" doing this may cause a new error.

Just an FYI for EVERYONE The thread instructions say to do:

mkdir /var/lib/dpkg/update
    chmod 755 /var/lib/dpkg/update

This is not correct as it may cause a new error shown below

---------------------------------2nd new error--------------------------------------
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C;sudo dpkg-query --list 'openmediavault-*'':

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C;sudo dpkg-query --list 'openmediavault-*'': ' in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/plugin.inc:186
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: PluginRpc->getList(Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(98): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'getList', Array)
    #3 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(44): OMVJsonRpcServer->handle()
    #4 {main}
    ------------------------------Correct Commands---------------------------------
    The correct commands are as follows:
    1) root from the command line:

mkdir /var/lib/dpkg/updates

chmod 755 /var/lib/dpkg/updates

mkdir -p /var/lib/php5
    chmod 1777 /var/lib/php5
    apt-get update

2) reboot OMV

Bingo your back in business

At least this is true on my system as it got rid of all problems including the new error above and everything is now working great!

My Setup
    OMV Version 0.4.36 Fedaykin on a PC with
    Software Raid

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von harpo3223 ()

• But what we are worried about is why so many issues are happening on your machine. And will it happen again. That is why I wanted you to check your system with memtest. Your system should not have all these strange problems.

• Hi Tekkbebe, My systems seem to check out fine as per memtest but time will tell.

I am as puzzled because I do not recall doing any OMV updates or add-ons and the Original Titled problem on this thread just statred to happen. I agree that things don't just happen. Thus why I emphasize I don't recall doing any updates etc.. However there was a total of 4 users this happened to at the same time (that is strange). Now 2nd problem towards the end of this thread, which was also documented in combination with on the following Thread:

(plugins update fail Postby renovatio » Mon 18. Nov 2013, 10:28 Plugin error) http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3100

Was caused I believe by spelling errors or not recalling the exact command in the suggested instructions throughout this thread while trying to solve the original problem. This is why I did a recap as noted on the past 2 or 3 threads above to hopefully warn others.

In closing Thank you for your time and all the help if anything changes I will update you in case the problem is deeper than just my machine.

My Setup
    OMV Version 0.4.36 Fedaykin on a PC with
    Software Raid

• The problems you have been having are very odd. Just don't want to see them persist. Hope all works fine from here.

Good Luck!

PS- We always would like to know the root cause of such issues so we can prevent them in future if possible.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It happened again on a fairly fresh install... here

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Late back to the party on this but just thought I'd chime in to say that the only recent thing that changed on my system was an auto-update to CouchPotato v2 and the usual daily cron jobs (log rotation etc).

Nothing other than standard operations.

"Standing on the shoulders of giants"

omv 2.1.23 Stoneburner - 64 bit
    plugins - transmission, clamav, usbbackup, mysql, website
    sickbeard, couchpotato, subsonic, extplorer
    HP Proliant N40L Microserver - AMD Turion II - 4Gb DDR3 - 250GB 3.5" system drive
    2 x 2TB WD Green (EZRX) - Mirrored

Used (so far) as video vault, subsonic music server, home PC backup , personal photo store with autodrop from Android phones.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!