utorrent server with custom webUI?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• utorrent server with custom webUI?

Hey all.

Was wondering if someone could suggest a build of the Utorrent server with that custom webUI, that enables RSS possibilities through the web UI?

Right now i have it installed, but the webui.zip was taken for another site, and i think this is causing issues with the rss feeds..

I have installed this package:
      sitedesign.hu/utorrent/utorrent-server_3.0-27079_amd64.deb

And the webui.zip was taken from this site:
      0yamash.blogspot.dk/2013/01/in…do-o-utorrent-server.html

By doing this code:

Source Code

1. wget https://sites.google.com/site/ultimasites/files/utorrent-webui.2012050518174554.zip?attredirects=0 -O webui.zip

And putting it in the utorrent folder.

Home you all have some suggestions... Thanks :)
    • Re: utorrent server with custom webUI?

Erm, I would say either install the website or virtualhosts plugin, set it up (create a new vhost) and UNZIP your webui.zip into the doc root of the the set up vhost/website folder. (What do you expect from putting a zip file into a folder, anyway :roll: ?)

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.

"Dannermax" wrote:

Virtualhost? Dosent ring a bell..

It is a plugin like website on the third party testing repo - omv-extras.org
      omv 4.1.11 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

"Dannermax" wrote:

hehe, thats pretty funny David.. but actually it works better that i would have guessed ;)

Virtualhost? Dosent ring a bell.. but nice to know that there are alternatives.. Off to google it!!

:)

Haha, made my day... both are plugins for OMV. Available via the omv-extras.org repository, as Ryecoaaron already suggested. You'll find it here:
      forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2524

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.

Guys i think you misunderstood me.. I now, have the utorrent program running as it should... However it is really old and missing alot of features which ireally need... So,

is there an alternative torrent program i can install?

And why is the debian version, which OMV is based upon, so old? So far i have encountered alot of packages that were really old, and were compatible with lenny and newer.. This is something that have been bothering me for aome time now..:)

Debian's primary goal is stability. You can't that with bleeding edge packages. OMV is based on squeeze. Wheezy was not ready when OMV came out. OMV 0.6 will be based on wheezy in a few months which will have newer
      packages.
      omv 4.1.11 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

"Dannermax" wrote:

[...]

And why is the debian version, which OMV is based upon, so old? [...]

:evil: :evil: :evil: Seriously learn how the Debian versioning works. Debian Squeeze (which OMV is based on) was the Stable Version until the 4th of May. Now it is the oldstable. See: wiki.debian.org/DebianOldStable

OMV is build with the intent to provide a highe stability and a stable featureset. BTW: Who uses a testing distribution anyway? However, OMV is in the process of migrating to Wheezy. It may take some more months but should be done in the next 3-4 months. If you ask why it takes so long that's because Volker, the one and only developer working on OMV, stabilized the Plugin API and had to migrate the Webinterface from Sencha 3 to 4 in preperation for the migration to Wheezy. So, now it may be way overdue that the migration is expected, OMV will keep to work this way, but it may get faster to migrate from Wheezy to the next Stable (Sid?), which is expected to be released in 'early' 2015.

PS: I waited till the third Wheezy version (7.2) was out before I migrated my Production System from Squeeze.
      PPS: For your torrent problem, try the transmission plugin...

Greetings
      David

As davidh2k said, go for the transmissionbt plugin. You could either use their web ui for managing torrents or go for some client. There's Remote Transmission for Android, transmission-remote-dotnet for Windows. For Linux I personally prefer transmission-remote-gtk.

I also guess you're talking about some torrent feed? You should probably look at Flexget for that. IIRC you could install it with:

Source Code

1. apt-get install python-pip
      2. pip install flexget

Then you'll have to configure it to your needs and run Flexget as a cronjob :)

Seriously learn how the Debian versioning works. Debian Squeeze (which OMV is based on) was the Stable Version until the 4th of May. Now it is the oldstable. See: wiki.debian.org/DebianOldStable

Thanks for the info.. Actually i would always prefer stability over the newest bleeding edge... So thats a comfort. Especially when the software runs on a server which is always on. And i must say i have been impressed with the stability with omv. In martch i had setup the server and 6 months later it was running perfectly!

Transmission and seems like a nightmare to setup, so ill stick with utorrent for now... :)