[RESOLVED] New install, old raid drives

• I'm running a HP n40L and I've decided to get sensible and buy an SSD for my system drive rather than relying on the USB drive I've been running off.

My OMV version seems to be rather old, 3. something, and is behaving a bit oddly. This would probably be a good time to reinstall and upgrade to the latest version.

I have two questions:

If I reinstall OMV on the SSD how can I be sure my existing raid array will be reactivated in the new system? I don't have enough spare disks to back up all my data. Looking at various upgrade threads they always seem to include 'backup all your data' warnings. Is there really a problem with transferring existing raid arrays to a new system, or is this just caveat emptor type stuff?

Second: I'm intending to run OwnCloud on the new system. I notice there's a sticky thread regarding installing OMV on Debian Squeeze. Is there any advantage in doing this if I'm going to run OMV and OwnCloud together (I'd probably also like to run Apache or Cherokee on the same system as well)?

• ive reinstalled my system to a ssd recently and the raid will just pick up which just needs mounting and then the shares recreating with the same names and the data will be there as before.

I belive theres a script in the plugins section for installing owncloud which will run on omv.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Great idea getting rid of the usb stick. Unplug the raid drives and install OMV 0.5 (not debian). Shut the server off and plug the drives back in. It will recognize the filesystem on the drives and you can mount it in Filesystems. To install owncloud, use this script.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

I've installed OMV on my shiny new SSD, and have got Owncloud running (after a few hiccups... it seems that the owncloud script really doesn't like being run without sudo, even if you are logged directly in as root).

But now I've plugged my old pair of storage drives back in an OMV just isn't seeing them. I've tried rebooting, changing the bays, powering right down and up again. Any ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "pbolger"

Hi,

I've installed OMV on my shiny new SSD, and have got Owncloud running (after a few hiccups... it seems that the owncloud script really doesn't like being run without sudo, even if you are logged directly in as root).

But now I've plugged my old pair of storage drives back in an OMV just isn't seeing them. I've tried rebooting, changing the bays, powering right down and up again. Any ideas?

If you go to Physical Drives, does it show info for the physical drives?

What is the output of fdisk -l ? (lowercase L).

• Physical drives is showing just the system disk, and the output of fdisk -l is three entries for /dev/sda (1, 2 and 5) which are the primary, extended and swap for the system drive I think.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!