FTP diretory empty

• Hi,

I read a lot about this issue but there wasn't anything suitable for my problem.

I try to set up an FTP connection to my NAS. I use OMV v. 0.5.11 and did:

- enable FTP in the webinterface
    - set the same port as forwarding in my router, enable passive mode and forwarded those ports aswell
    - add a few folders in the "Shares" section, and give the "FTP" user read/write rights (same in the "ACL" section)

Now I have a "FTP" directory on my nas, where I've no rights at all.

If I enter ftp://FTP:mydyndns:port I'm able to see the folders I added in the FTP->Shares section and can view Pictures for example

If I try the same with an FTP program like filezilla, I've no problem entering the FTP but there is no directory shown! Same if I try to enter via ubuntu

In my opinion the user I created should've the rights to enter the FTP, I have no clue why I'm not able to see any directory on it and I hope somebody of you might have a solution.

best regards

MAiniak

btw I'm from Germany

• Thanks for your reply.

I don't have any options.conf in /etc/modprobe.d/ on my nas, do I have to create one?

Then I'd enter nf_conntrack_ftp ports=21,55536 (currently I've forwarded port 55536 ~ 56559) and afterwards modify /etc/modules with nf_conntrack_ftp?

Then reboot nas and see if its working?

regards MAiniak

• Yes, if it is not there create it.

Zitat von "MAiniak"

Then I'd enter nf_conntrack_ftp ports=21,55536 (currently I've forwarded port 55536 ~ 56559) and afterwards modify /etc/modules with nf_conntrack_ftp?

On the passive port range you don't need it very big if only a few people are going to be connecting. You might only do something like this:

port forward 55536-55541

Then you conntrack like this:

nf_conntrack_ftp ports=21,55536,55537,55538,55539,55540,55541

Yes on after modifying /etc/modules with nf_conntrack_ftp you must reboot.

PS- It is not this complicated if you don't use passive ports. But passive ports are nice. :mrgreen:

• I did everything, it should work. Do I have to put it after the "loop" in the modules?

But does this fix my no-directory-problem :D?

Beside: I just like to try if its possible to watch a recorded movie or sth. like that via internet.

sry for my stupid questions but this is my first contact with debian/ubuntu etc

• Did you create the user in the web-gui you are connecting with? Give me a stat command on the shared folder you are using for ftp:

change directory to 1 level above the shared folder and

stat nameofsharedfolder

Give me a screenshot of your settings in site manage for Filezilla.

• I thnik the problem is in OMV.
    In the Shared Folder section have you done both, the privileges and the ACL for the user ?

You also can try to connect as admin (normaly you shouldn't do are allow that)in the FTP.
    Therefore you set it in the FTP Folder on OMV. But remove that after you tried it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!