Configuring Rsync Server with SSH tunnel and cert

• What did you set under Access Right Management | User | Settings | Location? Mind showing a screenshot? Or where did you configure the home directory?

The three dashes between your UUID and your User are weird.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Whats the output of

Code
    cat /etc/passwd | grep 3Duser

And while you're at it, please fix Owner and Group under Extra options to 3Duser.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• output:

Code
    3Duser:x:1000:100::/media/62789d50-f5c8-4fdc-81a3-6ba72f16e605///3Duser:/bin/bash

As for changing the ownership in the extra options: I can't. Those are hard set to root and user.

• Weird. Yeah try another User and let me know if it works. Just curious why the entry shows three dashes...

Greetings
    David

• OK a very quick and tl;dr version: I got SSH auth to go through. I've got a .ssh folder now in my USER home dir. Wonderful!

I resolved it by re-creating the user and making dead-sure I have /bash set as the shell prior to creating the user. I also made sure the user was added to the ssh group from the start as well.

I think I'm on my merry way. Much thanks David for the persistent support!

• You're welcome.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!