FTP Share not Showing up.

• Hi - added a share named "PRINTERS" to my FTP server and none of the users are able to see this when I FTP in. The permissions should allow them access, I just can't get this added to my users.

Any Ideas?

• root@BOOKNAS:/home/ftp# stat PRINTER
    File: `PRINTER'
    Size: 4096 Blocks: 8 IO Block: 4096 directory
    Device: fe04h/65028d Inode: 259585 Links: 2
    Access: (2777/drwxrwsrwx) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 100/ users)
    Access: 2013-12-04 10:31:36.519856640 -0600
    Modify: 2013-12-04 09:48:24.563835467 -0600
    Change: 2013-12-04 10:01:28.148334985 -0600
    root@BOOKNAS:/home/ftp#

• The users that you want to use you need to make the /home/FTP/username their home directory. In the web-gui you can set this at Access Rights Management/User then on right highlight the user and above click on the Settings TAB. Enbable home directory and put in location.

• Is this something I would edit in the passwd file?

Edit - I just added "/home/ftp/PRINTER" as the home directory in the passwd and now i am getting permission denied errors in filezilla

• You don't need to do this if you use a share on a data drive. I'm looking at settings. My FTP server is on a data drive and I don't need to set a home directory. You did not set a share did you? You cannot create a shared folder at the /home/ftp location. You made the printer folder manually. Don't mess with home directory of users. Create a shared folder PRINTERS with the shared folders. Then go to the ftp setup section and click on the Shares TAB. Add the PRINTERS folder in that TAB. Don't mess with the /home/ftp location. It does not work as well. Give users appropriate read/write perms to the shared folder in the Access Rights Management/Shared Folders then on right select the PRINTERS folder and click on privileges. With this method users home directory is not enabled and home directroy should be None.

Do it this way and your probs should go away. We need to make guides for a lot of stuff but it takes time. I've been damn busy and screencasting is just not my thing.

• Ok, the shared folder PRINTER is mounted there. But your PRINTER share is on a data drive correct???

I just tested mine. You don't need to enable home directory. Put "None" in the home directory and take off the checkmark for enable. Then save it. See if you get access again and we try to find were problem is.

• ok....

I ended up deleting my printer user and deleting the share in the FTP "Shares" tab. I went back and recreated both, when I connect to the FTP server I see the root share, but I do not see the "PRINTER" folder. I tried manually browsing to the /PRINTER folder in filezilla, but it does not see the folder. I also check in the /home/ftp/ and the "PRINTER" folder does exist.

• This will help explain it. If you look at your fstab line you will see this:

/media/UUID/PRINTER/ /home/ftp/PRINTER none bind 0 0

In the web-gui you cannont create a shared folder on the system drive. You created a shared folder on the data drive. That shared folder is mounted at /home/ftp It is not going to be a writeable area in the ftp folder. Only stuff in the shared folder(PRINTER) will have the requisite owndership and perms. If you look at the /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf you wil see there are no users allowed for the /home/ftp but if you look at /home/ftp/PRINTER there will be some lines that show users allowed, all setup by the web-gui. So basically you are just kicked down a level into the shared folder when logging in.

PS- Sorry but I use vsftp with virtual users. Every time I get questions on this ProFTP I have to look at my vm and review the setup all over again.

• I see the following in my config:

<Directory /home/ftp>
    HideFiles (welcome.msg)
    </Directory>

<Directory /home/ftp/PRINTER>
    <Limit ALL>
    DenyAll
    </Limit>
    <Limit READ DIRS>
    DenyAll
    </Limit>
    </Directory>

What would i need to change so that It'll stick everything /home/ftp/PRINTER instead of /home/ftp ?

• Zitat von "y2kdread"

What's odd though is that all my files I use get put in the /home/ftp directory not the /home/ftp/printer.

This should not be happening... Everything should be going in the PRINTER folder, that is where you should be directed when you connect. In Filezilla I can go up a level into the ftp folder but I do not get and listing, there is a .message file there. I also cannot upload to that location.

• This is not correct....

Code
    <Limit ALL>
    DenyAll
    </Limit>
    <Limit READ DIRS>
    DenyAll
    </Limit>
    </Directory>

Here is example of what it should look like... usernames changed of course. I would try removing the shared folder in the FTP setup. Then go to shared folders and make sure all the users you want to use with it have the correct privileges. Then I would try to add the shared folder again to the FTP server.

Code
      <Limit ALL>
        AllowUser OR volker,ryeco
        DenyAll
      </Limit>
      <Limit READ DIRS>
        AllowUser OR volker,ryeco
        DenyAll
      </Limit>
    </Directory>

PS- This was normal...

Code
    <Directory /home/ftp>
    HideFiles (welcome.msg)
    </Directory>
  • Well - I blew everything away, recreated it, manually added the "AllowUser" section and it sort of works. I am able to see the PRINTER folder in the root, but that isn't the root directory.

How are you adding users? Manually or through a page on the FTP settings? I don't see anything to do that through the GUI.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!