Shutting down OMV remotely through a Windows .bat file??

• I'm planning for a worst case scenario - bear with me as I spit out this scenario;

Running RAID 5, one drive fails, leaving zero spares. Rip out the bad drive and put in a fresh one.
    Rebuild time is estimated at 500+ hours.
    Power failure during the rebuild only to find out EVERYTHING is lost.

//End scenario

Not cool, but my research tells me that if OMV were to shutdown properly, nothing would be lost and the rebuild would simply start from scratch when it was booted back up, right?

Well my UPS has a com port, and my OMV box does not - but my other server (Windows Server 2008 R2) does have a com port and is monitoring the UPS. I can execute whatever I want to from this box at various intervals so my thinking is, it the power remains off after 30 seconds, execute a .bat file to shutdown OMV in order to prevent any sort of RAID corruption and data loss.

Google has shown me various guides like this: http://www.voipphreak.ca/2007/…tely-using-ssh-host-keys/ but I'm not sure if this will work for starters, or if perhaps there's a better method.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

If security isn't an issue, you could have the .bat file run wget to execute a php file on the server. The php file would shutdown the system

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!