VDR Plugin

• i purged everything and reinstalled, but i cannot run vdr. Start the process through the web interface or through the "/etc/init.d/vdr start" has no effect. VDR-ADMIN start correctly instead but obviously it doesn't have an instance for connect to....

• purged everything again and nothing change:

Can't connect to VDR at localhost:6419: IO::Socket::INET: connect: Connection refused

Please check if VDR is running and if VDR's svdrphosts.conf is configured correctly.

obviously, like reported above with ps -aux vdr is not running. If i try to star manually:

Code
    root@NAS:~# /etc/init.d/vdr start
    Starting Linux Video Disk Recorder: vdr
    Searching for plugins (VDR 1.7.28/1.7.28) (cache hit): epgsearch quickepgsearch epgsearchonly conflictcheckonly xineliboutput.
    root@NAS:~# ps -aux |grep vdr
    Warning: bad ps syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? See http://procps.sf.net/faq.html
    118       1477  0.6  0.5  74264 21644 ?        SN   10:23   0:00 vdradmind
    root      2145  0.0  0.0   7600   832 pts/1    S+   10:25   0:00 grep vdr
    root@NAS:~#

thanks for your support!

• FYI: ps aux is the correct syntax, without '-', as ps trys to tell you ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• it's enabled, vdr does not start at all, neither with /etc/init.d/vdr start or service vdr start.... load the plugin as reported above but quit just after that and the process is not persistent or daemonized :(

EDIT:
    got it starts, the video directory is needed otherwise won't start. Now i cannot open channels but it's another story...

• Zitat von "SVS"

Post outputs of (use separate code tags as outputs are large)

Code
    cat /etc/default/vdr
    cat /etc/default/vdradmin-am
    cat /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf
    awk '/<vdr>/,/<\/vdr>/' /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

thanks SVS, I decided to leave again vdr and work on tvheadend. Is actually compatible with xbmc that it's the more similar to a standard thing we can use for watch tv in our living room. I'll try again vdr when OMV will move to wheezy, where we can find the current vnsi an xvdr plugins that work fine with xbmc!

• i just installed the plugin and i am wondering which tv box is should use. i need a usb device for dvb-s2. i just had the cinergy dvb-s2 usb box and it was hard work to get this running on ubuntu - newest kernel. i want something, which works out of the box. whick usb device should i use?

And how can i enable the plugin?

• Hi,
    Could anyone help a openmediavault/vdr noob.
    Running OMV 0.5, and I've installed the vdr plugin via OMV-extras. Found my card and channels OK.
    However syslog is being flooded with errors -

vdr: [28147] ERROR: invalid value for parameter 'M'

Im in the UK and using a DVB-T2 USB stick

From reading forums it seems I may be able to fix this by using the "vdr-wirbelscan" plugin. Problem is I've no idea how to install and use vdr plugins

ANy help would be appreciated

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!