OMV Internal Server Error after update

• Hi,
    I just installed all recent updates to omv (don't know from what version but not more then 2 weeks old). This resulted in an internal server error being displayed.

Code
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

After a reboot the omv interface is still not reachable. Everything else works fine though. Any help in fixing this is greatly appreciated!

• Code
    root@openmediavault:/# service apache2 status
    Apache2 is running (pid 1664).

I also tried restarting the apache but the result is the same as before. It also takes quite long for the error to appear...maybe some sort of timeout?

• Code
    root@openmediavault:/# df -h
    Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sde1              28G  2.6G   24G  10% /
    tmpfs                 1.8G     0  1.8G   0% /lib/init/rw
    udev                  1.8G  144K  1.8G   1% /dev
    tmpfs                 1.8G     0  1.8G   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs                 1.8G   20M  1.8G   2% /tmp
    /dev/md0              8.1T  6.7T  1.4T  84% /media/532d8fc5-ecb0-4904-a4e0-7d66a4ce9544

I managed to save the last console output during the update. Maybe that helps.

• Did you do anything out of the ordinary besides the upgrades? Are you using a usb stick for system drive???

There are warnings all over see here:

http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1289

Your stick is toast and not reliable now. Toss it. Your data on the RAID should be fine. Turn off your machine. Unplug all the data drives from the sata port. Get a SSd or real hard drive. Only plug it in the SATA ports. Reinstall OMV. Shutdown after install and plugin your RAID. When you reboot go into web-gui to filesystems section. You should see you RAID and be able to remount it.

• I didn't do anything else besides the update. And my nas is not being used that often. That's why I used the usb stick.

Are you sure it is the usb stick? I don't see any file-system warnings. Nevertheless is there any way to recover? The system itself still works fine even after a reboot. All add-ons/shares are working as expected.

BTW: I'm using the stick since way before that warning-post ;)

• Finally had some time to investigate (I left the NAS alone because it was just running fine and I din't trust your quick judgment tekkbebe...no offense)

It actually had nothing to do with the filesystem of the usb. Every check I ran came up clean.
    It was a 'simple' permission issue which showed up as

Code
    root@openmediavault:/var/www# cat /var/log/apache2/suexec.log
    [2014-01-30 19:20:48]: uid: (999/openmediavault) gid: (999/openmediavault) cmd: php-fcgi
    [2014-01-30 19:20:48]: target uid/gid (999/999) mismatch with directory (999/999) or program (0/0)

This http://forums.openmediavault.o…13&t=2038&start=70#p12463 provided me with the right permission for the directory. That's it...all back to normal.

Edit:
    @tekkbebe: I know that your support is free of charge...but giving advice without anything to back it up (it's the usb because IT IS) is just poor-quality support and one is better off without it. A single hint regarding the apache log would have revealed the real problem. You may want to consider not blaming everything on the poor flash-drives!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "nobbie"

Edit:
    @tekkbebe: I know that your support is free of charge...but giving advice without anything to back it up (it's the usb because IT IS) is just poor-quality support and one is better off without it. A single hint regarding the apache log would have revealed the real problem. You may want to consider not blaming everything on the poor flash-drives!

You will learn the hard way then... If you had been supporting OMV as long as Tekkbebe and I, you would know what OMV/Debian does to USB sticks that don't have wear leveling. This is not our opinion. It is fact. When a stick on has 3000 writes (or less) to a sector and you are writing statistical data (which OMV does) every few minutes, it doesn't take long to make that sector bad.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• nobbie:
    Believe him!
    It IS your USB-Stick. I had the same (strange) problems due to a defective USB-Stick, since I installed OMV on old a 20GB Harddrive the problems are all gone.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!