Plugins that are wanted

• Offizieller Beitrag

Select three plugins that are wanted. Suggest other plugins if not on list. This list will be constantly changing since plugins will be created/ported on an ongoing basis. Revote at any time.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• may not seam that important as theres jhmillers script but I think it would help people who are not experienced with CLI to have sabz sickbeard etc as plugins would make it easyer for some.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• I second that motion to get all plugins, Sickbeard, SABnzbd, Couchpotato and Headphones.

But for the record, I'm just overwhelmed that how much OpenMediaVault is stable. My installation has been running none stop for over 30 days with no reboots.

Thanks gang to be able to use your product.

• I think a samba connector (to mount samba share on the server) and ftp client (to directly move file form the server to another ftp server) could be a good thing.

NSA325v2 on Debian Wheezy + Openmediavault 1.16, 1.6Ghz, 512MB, 1TB + 500GB.
    D2-Network on Debian Wheezy + Openmediavault 1.16, 1.2Ghz, 256MB, 500GB.
    And a custom made NAS/Server on Debian Wheezy + Openmediavault 1.16, Core2Duo 2.4Ghz, 4GB, 4*2TB Raid5 + 4*3TB Raid5.

• For me, OpenVPN is the only plugin missing to update to 0.5.
    After that, an easy usable and installable pyLoad Plugin would be nice
    Don't know if it is easy to do as plugin, but some energy-saving features would be nice.

• Does Greyhole fall into pooling?

Edit: I see tekkbebe did a how to only yesterday, well now I'm happy!

I have installed a few Zoneminder systems over the years, what a pain that is! Makes me shudder a little to see it on this list. I hope 1.26 will be a good improvement.

• Someone asked about Zoneminder quite a while ago. I'm just curious about it and that is why it is on the list. Another person had mentioned motion and I think Ryeco is interested in that one, I am too.

• For me openvpn is not needed because I am running behind a pfsense router/firewall. What about tvheadend. I would really like to get away from media portal as its always crashing. I have to reboot the windows server at least twice a day when I'm watching live TV. Also a vote for hdhomerun drivers and CLI config. Maybe miller can add it in his script.

• Fair enough Re Zoneminder, you need quite a powerful machine by NAS standards, the config is near infinite and the documentation is sparse bar that, once set up it does what it says on the tin (most of the time). I never got round to looking at motion, I should.

PS thanks for your greyhole time / effort tekkbebe!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Cpoc"

Also a vote for hdhomerun drivers and CLI config.

I may work on that since I have an hdhomerun :)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I also have a hdhomerun, but I decided to set up a headless MythTV backend on my OMV server to create a central networked PVR. Setup and configuration of a headless MythTV backend without a GUI is a bit convoluted, but in the end I like the freedom of using either mythweb or XBMC to access/control a "whole home" PVR device on my existing OMV server. Assuming there isn't an easier PVR alternative out there, it would be very nice to figure out a mythtv-backend w/mythweb plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Hellspawn"

I also have a hdhomerun, but I decided to set up a headless MythTV backend on my OMV server to create a central networked PVR. Setup and configuration of a headless MythTV backend without a GUI is a bit convoluted, but in the end I like the freedom of using either mythweb or XBMC to access/control a "whole home" PVR device on my existing OMV server. Assuming there isn't an easier PVR alternative out there, it would be very nice to figure out a mythtv-backend w/mythweb plugin.

We have a new PVR plugin that uses dvb. There are dvb drivers for the hdhomerun. Haven't had to try but that maybe a simpler solution.

• Thanks for the heads up. It looks like VDR is supported by XBMC and may have commercial detection/skipping (added via plugin?). I'll have to look at the details around transcoding options and if there is a web interface...it is hard to give up the ability to grab basically anything with a web browser to view the guide info, schedule a recording, or even configure settings.

However, it seems MythTV has upped the ante. I was wordering if Plex had any sort of PVR channel...and so I just found out someone has a basic MythTV Plex channel (a nice bonus for my two Rokus).
    https://forums.plexapp.com/ind…pic/86644-mythtv-plug-in/

Too many devices and ways of doing things makes being a couch potato a second job! :lol:

• Offizieller Beitrag

We should start another topic for this. Very interesting and I have a roku gathering dust.

• Zitat von "Hellspawn"

Thanks for the heads up. It looks like VDR is supported by XBMC and may have commercial detection/skipping (added via plugin?). I'll have to look at the details around transcoding options and if there is a web interface...it is hard to give up the ability to grab basically anything with a web browser to view the guide info, schedule a recording, or even configure settings.

However, it seems MythTV has upped the ante. I was wordering if Plex had any sort of PVR channel...and so I just found out someone has a basic MythTV Plex channel (a nice bonus for my two Rokus).
    https://forums.plexapp.com/ind…pic/86644-mythtv-plug-in/

Too many devices and ways of doing things makes being a couch potato a second job! :lol:

I've tested them all and my experience of them is that VDR is the most stable one, and it also has far superior support for multiple tuners. Tvheadend is the most user friendly and easiest to configure. I also like how easy it is to configure the xmltv epg. But Mythtv.. I don't know where to begin. It was a while since I tested it, but last time using mythtv as a backend on a headless server was a pain.

If using XBMC Gotham, VDR now has pretty good timeshifting too with the latest vdr-vnsi plugin. Been using VDR for a while now and it never breaks. The only thing breaking is my crappy dual tuner with it's own locking issues.

• I have not used VDR so I can't comment. As for MythTV is no good because it requires X so that leaves us with tvheadend or VDR. I'm using mediaportal sever and it sucks. Keeps crashing all the time and when viewing a hdhomerun stream it just stops for no reason.

I also have this card on the way http://www.tbsdtv.com/products…quad-tuner-pcie-card.html. So I want something that does not need me to reboot the server at least twice a day.

As for tvheadend best to wait for upgrade to wheezy as squeeze will be a problem due to some libs. A gui plugin would be the best.

If only hauppage would release linux drivers for hdpvr-2. Its a cheap capture box that works really well buts its windows only.

We should start a new thread on this.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Cpoc"

We should start a new thread on this.

I agree. Please do :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!