• Hi Everyone,

Is there a guide or perhaps someone could help me to get winscp to connect to my server.

I have OMV 0.5 installed on a HP Microserver N40L, I've enabled SSH in the web interface and chose SCP as the file protocol in winscp got a host could not be found (I checked that the hostname was correct, in my case openmediavault.Belkin), I rebooting the server and then I got an error "gethostbyname: unknown error" I then tried connecting via FTP, enabled that in the web interface and chose that as the file protocol in winscp again got the error "can't resolve hostname". They're connected via a switch and I can access the web interface no problem.

I also see the following in my authentication log, so it appears as though it tries to connect:

Code
    Dec 13 18:55:01 openmediavault CRON[2961]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
    Dec 13 18:55:03 openmediavault CRON[2961]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Try using the N40L IP address instead of the name or just openmediavault.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Try using the N40L IP address instead of the name or just openmediavault.

Same problem if I just use openmediavault

Using the IP address i get:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
    Connection failed.

for FTP

and
    Network Error: Connection Refused

for SCP

• Offizieller Beitrag

What user are you using? If you aren't using root, you need to add that user to the ssh group. Can you post a pic of your ssh tab?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

What user are you using? If you aren't using root, you need to add that user to the ssh group. Can you post a pic of your ssh tab?

I've tried using root and I've added a user "Home" and neither work. I can't get my Win 7 machine to connect to map the drive after setting up a SMB shar either. I've also allowed winscp in my firewall (windows firewall). I'll try post a pic in a bit.

• Did you check your priviliges?

You have to have at least read-ronly rights on the share you want to acces.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Did you check your priviliges?

You have to have at least read-ronly rights on the share you want to acces.

Greetings
    David

Done that, and I gave it read/write permission. Wouldn't winscp be at least able to connect as root?

I'm wondering if it is my network hardware causing the problem, I've disabled the router firewall but no joy, my laptop and dekstop can see each other but neither can connect to the OMV machine. It appears as:

"The following discovered devices can not be placed in the map" in the network map in windows 7.

• When I check the services tab I get the following error:
    Error #4000: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'ftpwho -v 2>&1': /var/run/proftpd.scoreboard: No such file or directory (Perhaps you need to specify the ScoreboardFile with -f, or change the compile-time default directory?)' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/ftp.inc:677 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFtp->getStats(NULL, Array) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStats', NULL, Array) #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('FTP', 'getStats', NULL, Array, 1) #4 {main}

and the "Running" light for FTP and SSH is red. The light for SMB is green.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you login locally? If so, I would like to see the output of /etc/init.d/ssh start

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Can you login locally? If so, I would like to see the output of /etc/init.d/ssh start

So assuming I just type the above in the command prompt I get:

"Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell Server: sshd."

And now I can winscp in!
    But does that mean that the ssh service wasn't starting?

And FTP still doesn't work nor my ability to map it to windows 7 :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

It should be working and I'm guessing you can connect with winscp. To be sure, what does the following tell you:

/etc/init.d/ssh status

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

It should be working and I'm guessing you can connect with winscp. To be sure, what does the following tell you:

/etc/init.d/ssh status

It is now working, but will I need to enter that command every time?

FTP still shows as red and it is still underscoverable by window (SMB share :( )

• Rebooted the servre and can't login again, don't want to have to start ssh every time :(

Thanks for the help btw it is appreciated, just wish I could get it working, here is an excerpt from the boot log, not sure what that "failed" error is:
    Fri Dec 13 21:23:31 2013: CPUFreq Utilities: Setting conservative CPUFreq governor...CPU0...CPU1...done.
    Fri Dec 13 21:23:31 2013: Starting MD monitoring service: mdadm --monitormdadm: No mail address or alert command - not monitoring.
    Fri Dec 13 21:23:31 2013: ^[[31mfailed!^[[39;49m
    Fri Dec 13 21:23:31 2013: Starting OpenMediaVault engine daemon: omv-engined.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Something is messed up with the system. Have you installed anything other than OMV?

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Something is messed up with the system. Have you installed anything other than OMV?

Nope, fresh install of OMV, posted an excperpt of the boot log above (edited my previous post).

• Offizieller Beitrag

It might be easier to reinstall. Something is not right.

• BTW: On what kind of hard drive did you install OMV?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

BTW: On what kind of hard drive did you install OMV?

Greetings
    David

The 250Gb drive which came with the HP Microserver N40L, so not on a flash drive or anything like that.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!