ownCloud wrong configured - can I reinstall ?

• Hello,

I installed owncloud and get it up and running.

Started for the first time, but didn't finish the configuration process, bcs don't know
    what parameters I have to use for mySQL. So I just quit .

When starting WebGUI of owncloud again I now don't see which database is installed
    SQlite or mySQL. I think it's SQLite , but this I don't want to use in the future.

Can I deactivate owncloud in the update manager and then again install it and execute
    the configuration process again ?

Can somebody give an example how to configure mySQL for ownCloud. Must SMB / CIFS
    an users be configured first ?

• Willri, this is a beta plugin. I asked Volker to make some changes to it and he has not responded yet. I would take it off and wait a couple weeks before you try it again.

apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-owncloud
    apt-get --purge remove owncloud

• Guys... do you even search?

http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3262

Just 4 posts beneath...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• @tekkebe

THX

Meanwhile I could play around a little bit with my installation, also with owncloud client for windows and webdav. I

But as you suggested I will remove it soon and wait for a release.

David

I read this thread but have to less understanding of linux to execute the commands in the right way / place.

• I was on that thread and since I'm one of the few that has used it with mysql I think I can say something on this issue. This assumes you have mysql plugin installed and setup. When you enter to setup mysql database for owncloud in cli you will be queried for your mysql root password.

1) If you installed before purge the openmediavault-owncloud and owncloud packages with apt-get --purge remove. Then do the cd and rm commands listed in this step to make sure any remnants of the owncloud install are gone. If you did not install before skip to step 2.
    cd /var/www/
    rm owncloud
    2) Install the owncloud plugin
    3) Don't enable it in settings and don't make a share in the share tab
    4) Create owncloud datatbase. mysql user for owncloud and password.
    mysqladmin -u root -p create owncloud
    mysql -u root -p
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON owncloud.* TO 'owncloud_admin'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'owncloud_admin_password';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON owncloud.* TO 'owncloud_admin'@'localhost.localdomain' IDENTIFIED BY 'owncloud_admin_password';
    FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
    quit;
    5) Then go to the website http://ipofyouromv/owncloud below the sign in there is "advanced" click on the arrow to the right of that.
    6) You should see the configuration location of the data folder and 2 boxes you can click on to choose between sql or mysql.
    7) Do not move database folder location yet.
    8) Click on mysql for database and fill in information
    database name= owncloud
    admin user= owncloud_admin
    admin password= owncloud_admin_password
    9) for user at top in this configutation page use admin and your admin pass for the omv-webgui
    10) click on finish
    11) it will sign you into owncloud. let it finish setting up it's cache. once it's comple and your have main page you can logout.

Now follow these steps from other thread:

If you look at chown before you move data directory you see it is openmediavaut:openmediavault. If you move the data folder to another hard drive you do not need to change chmod or chown. You do not need to add a share either.

All you have to do is:

mv /var/www/owncloud/data /media/uuid/ (whatever uuid of the hard drive you change it to)

Then in /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php change this line to new uuid

'datadirectory' => '/media/uuid/data', (again the uuid has to be the uuid of the hard drive used)

After this:
    service apache2 restart

Done. Never enabled the plugin, just installed it, or created a share but ownCloud is working correctly with mysql, users and their individual folders on your data drive.

PS- I am very disappointed with ownCloud speed, even after getting it running with mysql.

• Not sure why but it doesn't hold settings to mysql in config.php after reboot.

In the steps above i cannot start the http://ipfromomv/owncloud when the plugin is not enabled.

Every time i re-enable the plugin it starts the initial setup...
    After that, when i login with admin it seems to use mysql because its faster..
    When i logout and login with an OMV user it is slow again and seems to use sqlite?.

Anyone else with this problem?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!