[RESOLVED] The config has been changed. You must apply...

• So I recently was looking at my NAS and see this message in a yellow bar near the top of the page. Is this new? I don't remember seeing it before.

Code
    The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect.

I have no idea what it's asking to apply, but I select YES anyway. Then it fails.

Code
    Failed to mount '/media/92d26286-4f8f-44c8-8220-8fb48500f0e8/home/':

Error #6000: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to mount '/media/92d26286-4f8f-44c8-8220-8fb48500f0e8/home/': ' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc:90 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(204): OMVModuleFsTab->startService() #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(253): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #8 {main}

Curious, I looked at my fstab. There is an entry with that UUID... but that must have been an old drive I hooked up to copy data from, a while ago. I don't even know what drive that is.

Right or wrong, I decide to comment out that line in fstab, save it. Apply the config and get the same error. Looking back in fstab, the line is uncommented. So I remove it completely, apply the config and the line is back again. I looked through all my shares and item properties that I could think of and don't see anything referring to that UUID or mount point.

Code
    ls -lah /dev/disk/by-uuid

Shows I have 3, the RAID, /, and swap. None of them are the UUID I get in the above error message.

• The yellow dialogue is only new to you if you upgraded from an esrly 0.5 to a more recent version lately.

To get rid of the error remove the corresponding section in /etc/openmediavault/conf.xml - but be careful, make a backup before!

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Worked, thanks. I found the section that hat the UUID in question, removed everything inbetween <mntent> and </mntent> and those 2 items as well. Also removed the line from fstab. Then went to the WebUI and applied, no errors now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!