How to delete mounted filesystem

• Hi, is there a way to delete old USB drive that I had mounted in the Filesystem section? The delete button is greyed out.

I tried to delete the folder under the media folder but don't have access? Which access do I need to be able to delete that folder?

Thanks.

• If you want to unmount it after you detached the drive from your OMV you need to edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml manually. Make sure you make a backup before you edit the file. You need to remove the whole tag where the UUID of your USB drive is listed.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi davidh2k, this is the only way to get rid of it? Since I deleted the drive folder in the media folder, I keep getting this error in the log, 'Trying to restart (name of drive)' , 'filesystem doesn't exist'.

By the way, there is no way to reset the config.xml file to retrieve all the data that's actually exist?

Also, how come I can't delete this drive in the filesystem panel? The delete button is greyed out.

Thanks again for your help.

• Yes, at the moment the only way to get of a missing drive is to remove it manually. It is planned to implement such feature in the future.

The delete filesystem button is for the purpose of formatting your disk, not to remove it from the OMV panel.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Make sure there are no share on that drive in the GUI. You need to look for them as there is no way to list them.

If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!