Cron Job for USB Backup?

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, you can't schedule USB Backup. It runs when you plugin the device. If the drive is going to be plugged in all the time, use an Rsync Job. You set the source and destination folder and the time just like a cron job.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes but I wouldn't. You could always plug it in another system and boot a live linux distro.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Thanks all for your advice :)

ryecoaaron, if I understand correctly, if I leave my USB Hard Drive plugged on my OMV Server (any time), USB Backup will run in continous... or USB Backup will start automatically when I'll plug USB Drive (and stop when I'll unplug it)?

Dennis, I would like to try Rsync on my NTFS USB Hard Drive, could you tell me if you already have use this combination, and you trust this use for data integrity?

Thanks,
    Chris

• Offizieller Beitrag

USB Backup runs automatically when you plug the drive in. I would use rsync if it is always plugged in.

• Zitat von "chrbar"

[...]

Dennis, I would like to try Rsync on my NTFS USB Hard Drive, could you tell me if you already have use this combination, and you trust this use for data integrity?

Thanks,
    Chris

I'm not Dennis, but rsync only works right when copying to linux drives. But you can make it work: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=820425

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thanks all for your help!

I describe my server below, could you tell me if my settings are corrects?

Inside my OMV server I have four 1TB drives, I merged them in one 4TB volume group, with one 4TB logical volume.
    Because I've no RAID protection for my drives, I plan to use two USB Hard Drives, to backup my stored data:
    - the first USB Hard Drive will be formatted in EXT4, always plugged on the server and I will use Rsync to backup data (mirror),
    - the second USB Hard Drive will be formatted in NTFS (because my computers runs Windows and I would like accessed quickly to data copy if necessary), it'll be always plugged on the server, and I will use "USB Backup" plugin to backup data (mirror).
    Do you think this mounting is good?

I've never used Rsync and the "USB Backup" plugin, and I would like to know if I'll be able to unplug and plug these USB Hard Drive, some times if I need... or if that will generate some troubles?

Thanks,
    Chris

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!