WebInteface for movies

• Hello guys,

I recently installed in my HP Proliant microserv, openmediavault and he work perfectly.
    I've on my server, my DD 3To for my movies, my music. I've configured SMB/CIFS on OMV to share my film with my computer (Windows).
    You've the interface for configure OMV, but i would like to know, if it's possible to install a webinterface to pick my movie, when i'm outside ?

For more precision, just tell me :)

Regards.

• PlexMediaServer?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hello davidh2k,

thanks for ur answer, but i fortgot to say, i'm a beginner on linux world. Yes, i didn't know PlexMediaServer, but it looks like what I'm looking.
    It's possible directly from the interface to drag and drop my movie ?
    I found too XBMX, what's the difference between PMS and XMBC ?

Thanks, regards.

• What do you mean with "drag and drop your movie"?

tell me what do you want to achieve exactly and I can tell you if it will work.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• You need to setup a shared folder, give your user privileges, share the folder with smb /cifs and then you can connect to it via your LAN. Once connected you can drag and drop files.

• Exactly, i need a webinterface to manage my movie. So when i say manage, i say create folder to arrange my movie, add my movie, and delete of course.

So, if this isn't possible, i need just a webinterface to see my movies (looks like PMX or XBMC)

Thanks, regards !

• Well. Most of us copy our Movies over to a shared Folder on our NAS and then let it scan for all metadata with PlexMediaServer. You then access (watch) it with any PlexClient on your Streaming Clients.

Another possibility is to just copy your files over to your NAS and then use XBMC. You don't need to use metadata there to access your files, however it is possible to setup a Metadata_Database there too.

Greetings
    David

• Yes, first time, it's not a problem to upload my movie on the shared folder on windows. But, i would like, when upload my movie, the movie is sync directly with PlexMediaServer. And directly from PlexMediaServer, i watch my movie.

But on PMS i have to configure the metadata ?

• Na, you don't have to. All you need to do is to configure PlexMediaServer to access your (shared) Folder and PlexMediaServer takes care of all metadata fetching itself.

I would suggest you try it yourself in a VirtualMachine or so. It's really easy. Even for total beginners!

Greetings
    David

• With PlexMediaServer there is an option to set up automatical scanning of your media folders. As soon as you add Movies or Series, it scans the folder, adds Metadata (Pictures, Plots, Cast etc.) and you can play it almost instandly in a webbrowser as well as every Plex Client you have in your network.

• Huh?

Install OMV in a VM. Install the omv-extras.org plugin repository which you find in the plugin section of this forum. Install the plexmediaserver plugin which you'll then find in the plugin section of OMV (you need to activate the PlexMediaServer in the omv-extras settings).

Greetings
    David

• I would create a shared folder called media. In the shared folder when you access via Windows make 2 folders, TV and Movies. Movies are easy. TV episodes are a bit hard and have to be renamed in a special format (e.g. almosthumanS01E01). Just keeping asking if you have more questions as you go along. But 1st create the shared folder, give privileges to your user, then share it with SMB/CIF. Then try accessing it via Network icon in Windows. Create the TV and Movie folders and move some folders/files into the shares. Then setup PlexMediaServer plugin. You need to install Omv Extras 1st before you can install that plugin, if you haven't already. Don't worry about any meta data. Plex does all that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

On the secondary tab, there is a checkbox for Plex. That will make it show up in the list.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Works perfectly !!

But i've a little question, my lan is entire in WiFi, and like u imagine, when i launch on film, the player freeze a little.., it's possible to download the movie ?

• Of course. If you click on a Movie you´ll have a sidebar on the left. Just click this image:

But if you want to watch the Movie inside the browser you can simply adjust the server settings for quality. Then you can watch it without downloading.

In your PlexMediaServer click the wrench (settings) in the upper right corner. Then click Plex/Web, then on the left side Player and there you can adjust the quality (local quality).

btw - with Wlan 300Mbit (Draft N), streaming even a full hd movie is no problem at all ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!