Plugins that are wanted part 3

• With Teamspeak3 we have to be carefull to not run into legal issues. I just figured out a way to prevent us from any legal issues. I already talked to Aaron about it, so maybe we will see a plugin for it sooner or later.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• What sort of issues are we talking about, I thought it was free to use but with limits unless you have a licence?

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• You need to accept the 'TeamSpeak 3.x End User License Agreement' before you can download and use it. We were not sure if we infringe the license when we distribute the package ourselves.

Also, as of today there are none repos that offer Teamspeak 3 to be installed via apt.

Edit: So the solution has to be to let the users accept the license within the plugin before downloading the server binaries, or let the user supply them into the plugin themselves.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• So if no files were included in the plugin and on the plugin page there it shows the EULA and the user must accept before downloading the binary files we will be ok?

I had started a rough draft of a plugin that should download the binary files, I mainly wanted to do it that way so as to avoid needing 2 packages (x86/64) so would just need to add the EULA before download starts.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Miller, let us switch that discussion into the development forum.

I will create a Thread there...

Greetings
    David

• Zitat von "WastlJ"

There is already a tutorial for a Teamspeak 3 Server:
    http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2368

But yes, a plugin would be even easier.

Thanks for the link WastlJ.
    Already did the install almost like that and got it running. Like the rest I was just thinking a plugin with some controls would be awesome :)
    Glad it is in the works already

OMV - v6 - Media Server

Lian-Li PC-Q25 | Asrock E3C226D2I | Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1230 v3 | Kingston Valueram 8Gb ddr3-1600 with ECC | OS: Adata SP600 32GB SSD * DATA: 4 x WD 2TB RED HDD's (RAID5)

• I would like to have a kind of backup & restore plugin.

Reason: I have a 30Gb non raid system disk and 7.8 GB data storage (3x4TB data disk in raid 5). I'm basically running OVM 0.5.34, with alot of plugins enabled, and then I have installed some extra applications using SSH. I have installed Multicraft as webadmin tool for a Craftbukkit/Minecraft Server + extra minecraft plugins (ex Dynmap : http://www.lindegaard.tk/dynmap/). Yesterday I installed Wordpress (http://wordpress.org ) as CMS for my personal webserver (http://www.lindegaard.tk). To make this work I had to make alot of changes in the apache2 service installed with OMV 0.5, which was a risky operation.

Also I would be nice to have a backup & restore function, when migration/replacing data disks with a bigger capacity.

Features should be something like:

• daily/weekly/monthly backup of system disk (full backup, incremental backup, snapshot backup)[/*]
    • restore system disk[/*]

UPDATE 29th July 2014: OMV 1.0.7 Kralizec has now a Backup plugin, and it uses CLonezilla. I have installed it, and made my first backup, but I have not have the guts to test the restore function yet! :roll:

• daily/weekly/monthly backup of file shares[/*]
    • restore file shares[/*]
    • restore files / directories[/*]

I have found others in the forums who is looking for the same features and have solved in different ways

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:
    Chassis: Fractal Design Node 304
    Board: ASROCK Z87E-ITX
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670T
    CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12S
    System storage: 30GB - Kingston SMS200S3/30G
    Data storage: 4 x 4TB - WD Red WD40EFRX 4TB
    RAM: 16GB
    Ethernet Adapter TP-Link TG-3468 (PCIe)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Rocologo ()

• We were talking about a backup and restore plugin for a few times...
    Atm. it is simply not possible to do anything like that directly inside of OMV.

Maybe this is an idea for the future (OpenMediaVault Kralizec)

Best option is to back the system up via Clonezilla after major changes.

• I would love a backup/recovery tool. One of the things I use my installation of OMV for is to backup all of my houses machines. Currently this is done using rsnapshot and windows backup agents. It would be nice to have something like Clonezilla server built into the system, to do bare-metal restores.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "marauder"

I would love a backup/recovery tool. One of the things I use my installation of OMV for is to backup all of my houses machines. Currently this is done using rsnapshot and windows backup agents. It would be nice to have something like Clonezilla server built into the system, to do bare-metal restores.

It pretty much is already built into OMV. I have the tftp server serve a clonezilla image - guide. I save the clonezilla image to an nfs or samba share. When you want to restore, just pxe boot the Clonezilla image from the tftp server and restore from the nfs/samba share :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I may be slightly off-topic, but overloading the NAS with so many additional services is a serious security issue. If I were you, I would add only the Virtual Machines plugin, then have minimal, highly secure OS images for those particular purposes exposed to the Internet. If someone breaks in, all they get is a tiny virtual machine, not the whole rig. Then you can even separate the VM image and the web home directory (which would reside on a separate share created on the NAS with individual permissions), and some other cool stuff from a security point of view.

Regarding remote restore of the OS: if this goes bye-bye, you'll have to get the headless system on your workbench, swap the faulty drive or whatever, then add a console so you can manually restore the OS. The only way you could do all this remotely would be if you had server-grade hardware with a watchdog port that allows you complete remote console access. For instance, the HP MicroServer ProLiant G8, which has an iLO (Integrated Lights Out) built-in module, or a Dell server with the similar DRAC module. These modules are always on and connected to the LAN on a separate port; through them, you can map a local ISO image as a virtual CD drive, then remote power on the system and so on.

• puterfixer: Well, even with a bunch of VMs you increase the load enormous on your system. We just read about the container solution with Docker. This may be something worth evaluating.

Also, for security reasons, all plugins run with an unpriviliged user, except the jhmiller script. So if access is gained, you'd only gain access to this dummy user.

For restoring part, whats your problem with remote access? They were talking about saving your local PC to the NAS and restoring it, why would you need a remote card on the NAS for that? If the NAS breaks you'd have to restore itself of course first... For this, a Remote Card would makes sense.

Greetings
    David

• I think you can have a lot of services running on a machine with minimal risk if you are behind a good firewall and know what you are doing.

After doing some restores with Clonezilla it is best solution for imaging disks in linux. The restore is a bit awkward. We should probably make a guide for a restore at some point.

• Well, his point is valid, and the best firewall does not do shit when a service is compromised. If the intruder is in the system, he his behind the firewall... so for me this concern is valid, the question for me is, how high do you think that risk is? I think its at a bare minumum... Until yet, no developer has spoken a word about Docker and if its something for us. Maybe one reason more to take a closer look at it.

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

There a lot of different services running OMV with no plugins installed. It is no different if one of those services is compromised. If an intruder is behind your firewall, you have less to worry about with most of the plugins than you do with most samba setups.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!