SABnzbd Permissions Error

• Hello,

Yesterday I installed the SABnzbd plugin, and I've been pulling my hair out trying to resolve a seemingly nonsensical permissions error. SAB will find a .nzb file in the "Watch Folder", process it, complete the download, create the destination directory in the "Completed Download Folder", but then will be unable to move the files. It gives the error: "Unpacking failed, write error or disk is full?" In SAB's main Downloads page, it shows that there is 1291.22 GB free (which is correct). In the SAB log file, it gives a similar error:

Zitat

ERROR:: write error ( /media/<uuid>/downloads/_SABnzbd Complete Downloads/<destination_directory>/<filename>)

This doesn't make sense to me because the directory for the "Completed Download Folder" is owned by the 'sabnzbd' user. SAB is definitely running as this user. Also, as root, I can create a file as the 'sabnzbd' user in the destination directory (sudo -u sabnzbd touch /<Completed_Downloads_Directory>/test). If the 'sabnzbd' user can create a file in the destination directory, and SAB is running as the 'sabnzbd' user, then why can't SAB move the files into the destination? This is just killing me.

Here is my system configuration:
    - OMV 0.5.30
    - openmediavault-sabnzbd 0.5.4 (SABnzbd 0.7.16)
    - OMV ARM Privileges: Nothing is checked
    - OMV ARM ACL: Nothing is checked
    - All permissions were set manually
    - Permissions of destination directory:

Zitat

drwxrwx--- 13 sabnzbd users 12K Jan 15 16:39 _SABnzbd Complete Downloads

- SAB process status:

Zitat

sabnzbd 18593 1 1 16:37 ? 00:00:10 /usr/bin/python SABnzbd.py --daemon --pid /var/run/sabnzbd --config-file /home/sabnzbd/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini

I have tried checking the Read/Write box for the 'sabnzbd' user in the OMV ARM Privileges and the OMV ARM ACL, but the result is the same. I would really appreciate any help with this. I know this isn't really an OMV issue, but before I migrated to the SAB plugin, the manually-installed SAB worked just fine with ACL privileges.

Thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

jhmiller should be able to help. He has been waiting for more feedback to fix the permissions problem. His script ran everything as root which is why it never had problems.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• johnz1, Was the '_SABnzbd Complete Downloads' the same folder that you used when you installed manually?

What you could try is In the config section when adding a download folder to the default location, don't prefix with / (forward slash) just enter '_SABnzbd Complete Downloads' once you click save, sab will create the folder, you can the move it to the location you do want it in, then go back to the config and change the path to the location you just moved the folder to. this should then have the correct permissions. If the same folder exists already, delete it before moving the new folder.

Let me know if that works.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Zitat von "jhmiller"

johnz1, Was the '_SABnzbd Complete Downloads' the same folder that you used when you installed manually?

Yes, it is the same folder. I copied the config file from the other installation, so I didnt have to change anything.

Zitat von "jhmiller"

What you could try is In the config section when adding a download folder to the default location, don't prefix with / (forward slash) just enter '_SABnzbd Complete Downloads'

Good idea. I changed the completed folder to "AAAAAA". SAB created the directory, but unfortunately the result is the same: "Unpacking failed, write error or disk is full?"

• Zitat von "johnz1"

Good idea. I changed the completed folder to "AAAAAA". SAB created the directory, but unfortunately the result is the same: "Unpacking failed, write error or disk is full?"

Could it be an issue with the temp folder? and what permissions have you set in the configuration webui?

• johnz1,Could you try saving to the system drive to see if it works in that location as it could be an issues with how your drive is mounted (/etc/fstab) other then that I can only think that it must be conflicting with the manual install you did.

• omavoss: yes, that is the setting that I tried changing to 777 and 755.

jhmiller: I tried changing the Temp, Completed, and Watch folders to subdirectories under '/home/sabnzbd/.sabnzbd/Downloads', but it still gives the same error. The directories are set to 777 and are owned by the 'sabnzbd' user.

btw every time I change the directories, I'm saving the changes and restarting SAB.

• Sorry johnz1 I am a t a loss as to why it does not work for you. Out of the 3 plugins couchpotato is the main 1 for problems, apart from omavoss, (who needed a little help with his settings) you are the only 1 who has reported this problem.

Apart from re-installing OMV from scratch the only other option is to remove the plugin and then do a system wide check for files related to your manual installation of SABnzbd and remove them.

Just thought, It could be unrar is your problem, what version do you have?

Code
    root@HOMESERVER:/# unrar

UNRAR 5.01 freeware      Copyright (c) 1993-2013 Alexander Roshal

Code
    root@HOMESERVER:/# ls -la /usr/bin/unrar
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 258480 Jan 10 09:31 /usr/bin/unrar

• unrar is the same version, and the permissions are exactly the same as your configuration.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I am uninstalling now, and eradicating the filesystem of all traces of SAB. I will do a fresh reinstall, and enter in my settings without migrating any old config files. If that doesn't work, then I would really be in some trouble. I just don't know if I'm willing to reinstalling OMV.

• I uninstalled SAB from the OMV plugins menu, deleted the 'sabnzbd' user, and removed all SAB files. To be sure that everything was gone, I (carefully) removed all files that were returned from this command:

Code
    find / -path /media -prune -o -i -name 'sab*' -print

Once it was all gone, I again installed SAB from the OMV Plugins menu. I configured everything manually, and didnt migrate any of the old installation's files. I left all the directories at their default setting, which is to download the files to the 'sabnzbd' user's home directory. Yet still, I received the same error.

However, I'm completely convinced that the problem lies with unrar. Keep in mind that the only problem right now is that the extracted files cannot be moved to the NZB's subdirectory in the destination directory. The files are successfully downloaded into the "Incomplete folder", and the destination directory is successfully created by the sabnzbd user.

If I uncheck "Enable Unrar" in the SAB Post Processing settings, SAB is able to move the downloaded .rar file(s) into the destination directory. The piece that continues to trouble me is that if I extract the rar as the sabnzbd user manually, it completes successfully.

I'm going to take a look at the source code and see if I can find the issue here.

• How did you install unrar, maybe uninstall it and reinstall it?

• I don't recall installing unrar. My guess is that it was installed as a dependency or as part of a script for something else.

No luck with reinstalling. Same error. Here are the commands I used:

Code
    apt-get remove unrar
    apt-get install unrar
  • damn, that didn't work either. I ran these commands, then enabled unrar in SAB, restarted SAB, and tried downloading, but got the same error. I think the next step is to get some verbose logging from the unrar operation.

Code
    apt-get --purge remove unrar
    apt-get install unrar

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!