Auto suspend

• Hi All,

I'm a new OMV user. I try using FreeNas (BSD after few hours working always make crash the system, I don't know, maybe FreeBSD can't properly using Atom CPU's?) and OpenFiler (unfortunately installation via USB newer ending good, I try many time with many USB settings). So my last chance was OMV and here I am :)

I using Zotac ION ITX mainboard http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-…-k-series-ionitx-k-e.html + picoPSU + power supply 230AC/12AC 10A with bay-pass 12V battery 3,2Ah + 2x1TB 3.5" NAS HDD in RAID Mirror, all in nice box.All consume ~40W with working HDD and ~30W on suspend HDDs.

All works good (except RAID - after restart I get md127 device - modifying initrd + mdadm.conf file fix the problem and set to raid to md0, unfortunately update-initramfs -u can't fix the problem, even do stop and assemble the matrix and make ln -s to /dev/md/...).

But going back to main issue - how to set auto suspend?

BR, Krzysiek

• Install the omv-extras.org repository. (Tutorial on http://omv-extras.org/)

Enable standard repos in the plugin.

Install openmediavault-autoshutdown. Set it up. Enjoy ;)

Greetings
    Davids

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Should be pretty much selfexplanatory. There was some 'documentation' but it was for an old version of the Plugin. If you have questions about some features, just ask.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Aim:working WOL.

First time after start the computer and launch the OMV I write as root:

ethtool -s eth0 wol g

How/where save it, that always linux will be remember above settings (eg. power fail and end the UPS battery)?

I'm testing WOL using command "pm-suspend" and first time suspend work and WOL, but after wakeup and second run "pm-suspend" (or hibernate-ram) system switch off and in one second later wake up. How fix it?

BR, Krzysiek

• /etc/networking/interfaces

Just fill it in under your eth device which you use.

Greetings
    David

• Thanks you both.

But GUI method have (in my opinion) a bug.

When I go to netowks in GUI and enter to settings and chceck WOL and next save configuration in file /etc/network/interfaces appear line 5 with wrong value :

Code
    1. # eth0 network interface
    2. auto eth0
    3. allow-hotplug eth0
    4. iface eth0 inet dhcp
    5.     pre-down ethtool -s $IFACE wol g
    6. iface eth0 inet6 manual
    7.    pre-down ip -6 addr flush dev eth0

In above configuration WOL set on NIC eth0 not work. But work with:

Code
    5.     post-up  ethtool -s $IFACE wol g

• The above config just works flawlessly for me.

Greetings
    David

• I found several examples (even in OMV forum) that default configure for everybody not work. This is only suggestion, for me WOL start working after change this parameter, maybe I have something wrong ??

• Maybe it differs from network adapter to network adapter.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!