Update error after version 0.5.31

• Hi there,
    I keep getting this error message below when I try to use the upgrade manager;

Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --show-upgraded --simulate dist-upgrade 2>&1': Reading package lists... W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://shell.ninthgate.se/packages/debian/ squeeze/main amd64 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/shell.ninthgate.se_packages_debian_dists_squeeze_main_binary-amd64_Packages) E: Encountered a section with no Package: header E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/shell.nightingale.se_packages_debian_dists_squeeze_main_binary-amd64_Packages E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

My Plex media server also lost its web admin page after the last upgrade as well.

Any suggestions to fix this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You must have installed the plex plugin after installing plex manully previous to this. You probably have the ninthgate repo in two files. omv-extras adds it and it is probably in your sources.list. What is the output of:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi ryecoaaron,
    I had installed the Plex server long before the last two-three updates actually.
    I did install it using the script found on elsewhere in this forum.
    Plex was working like clockworks until the last OMV update. Now I cannot reach the Plex web interface and run the OMV update tool either.
    When I type the commands on the CLI screen that you have asked about I get "No such file or directory" error.
    Also I am not aware of Plex media server installation as a plugin other than the method I have told above.
    Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You definitely need a /etc/apt/sources.list file. What is the output of:

ls -al /etc/apt/

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I am running OMV on a different machine so it is impossible to directly copy/paste the output, therefore I am re-typing the whole thing :)
    so here are what is listed;
    apt.conf preferences.d sources.list~ trusted.gpg
    apt.conf.d secring.gpg sources.list.d trusted.gpg.d
    preferences sources.list trusteddb.gpg

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have a sources.list file in that listing. Not sure why my command didn't work. Try the following again.

cat /etc/apt/sources.list

• Hi ryecoaaron,
    this is what I got as the response for the command that you have mentioned through SSH connection.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try (as root) - if you have omv-extras installed, the Apt Clean button does the same thing as the procedure below:

Code
    /usr/bin/apt-get clean
    rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*
    rm -f /var/cache/openmediavault/archives/*
    touch /var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Packages
    /usr/bin/apt-get update

• Here is what have returned after downloading and installing of the packages:

Code
    Fetched 14.9 MB in 18min 11s (13.7 kB/s)
    W: GPG error: http://shell.ninthgate.se squeeze Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY E639BFCB72740199
    W: GPG error: http://shell.nightingale.se squeeze Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2
    W: Failed to fetch http://ninthgate.se/packages/debian/dists/squeeze/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404  Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    root@Can-OMV:~#

I cannot make what is the Linux telling to me as I have almost no clue on Linux environment :(

• Well... you can read english? So the suggestion is to get the ky for the ninthgate repo which is the plex repo. It seems you have installed the plex plugin without installing the omv-extras.org plugin? The omv-extras.org plugin adds the key for the ninthgate repo.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "tbingel"

Here is what have returned after downloading and installing of the packages:

Code
    Fetched 14.9 MB in 18min 11s (13.7 kB/s)
    W: GPG error: http://shell.ninthgate.se squeeze Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY E639BFCB72740199
    W: GPG error: http://shell.nightingale.se squeeze Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2
    W: Failed to fetch http://ninthgate.se/packages/debian/dists/squeeze/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  404  Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    root@Can-OMV:~#

I cannot make what is the Linux telling to me as I have almost no clue on Linux environment :(

Did you try the commands I posted?

• Hi David,
    yes I can read English.
    Nevertheless, I can not read Linux as I have mentioned elsewhere.
    Can you instruct me as to how to install this openmediavault-omvextrasorg plugin?
    I think I can handle the rest once I am past this.
    Regards.

When I try to run the webgui plugin update engine I receive this error message:

• Hi WastlJ,
    thank you for your help.
    I did download the .deb package, did click the Upload button, as soon as I did OMV displayed the "Checking for new plugins" prompt, then responded with a very long error message.
    My confusion is that both OMV and the Plex server plugins were running perfectly until I have installed the latest OMV update via the web update interface.
    I was considering re-installing the OMV on top of the existing installation but I am afraid of damaging the current installation all together.

• First, whats the output of the following command:

Code
    export LANG=C; apt-cache search openmediavault-

If we solve the error that this command produces we can fix your problems without the need to reinstall.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• On what kind of drive is your OpenMediaVault installed?

Greetings
    David

• Please check the smart data of the drive. Seems to me it is dieing.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!