Migrate from FreeNAS

• I'm running FreeNAS now, mainly for CIFS sharing. And I must say, it is a pain in the ***. There is so much stuff to tune to get decent performance, it's just not funny. I had everything up and running, performance was finally acceptable, my wife buys a new laptop, and for some reason I get 1.5MB/s read speeds from the NAS on her laptop only. Nobody seems to know why: http://forums.freenas.org/show…e-client-not-on-the-other

So I'm fed up and want something Linux based, so I might get better CIFS performance. And so here I am.

My question is: is it possible to migrate my ZFS stuff to OMV without data loss, or do I have to destroy my RAID set and build another, and copy all data over again?

• I did the migration manually. I am pretty impressed with OMV. For a mainly CIFS based environment, I think it is a better choice than FreeNAS, because it is running Linux...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!