Running OMV in Hyper-V and mount physical Drives

• Hi!

I got OMV running on Hyper-V Win2008. Using OMV 0.3 with lagacy network drivers and uprading first to 0.4 and then to 0.5!

I want to mount my drives physically as RDM HDD, this works only as IDE Drive as i found out. My hdd is ntfs formated an filled with data. The HDD is recognized by the system, but i cannot mount it... I always get the Error #6000:
    "failed to mount ntfs /dev/disc/by-..."... fstab.inc:90

I could get it working, any ideas? I dont want to format it 'cause there are 2 TB of data on it and i dont have a temp-backup disc (i know... I should get one in future...)
    i took a second harddrive 100gb, ntfs without data, tried to mount it, same error... I tried to format it with OMV, got canceled with an error, i tried to format it in gparted and format it as ext4 with OMV even if i dont want to do that with my main drive, just for testing purpose -> error... I dont know why my RDMs are not working as they should.

Any suggestions?

• Yes thats it. Ide recognizes the raw mapped drive, scsi does not. But its not able to perform any actions on the drive, no mounting, no formating, nothing. Whether if its ntfs, raw or ext4 formated, with or without data, doesn't matter.

But the same rdm drive works in same configuration with gparted as example.

• Offizieller Beitrag

gparted has a much newer kernel. Try installing backports 3.2 kernel on omv.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ouh, how can i do this? :) i've been working with linux for some years but its more like reading howto's copy Nd paste it to shell and get it working in some way, i don't know much about debugging etc.

• The only thing i need now is getting rid of the legacy network card!
    if disable the legacy nic and use the standart virtual nic instead, eth0 is not beeing found :(

### edit ###

OK, got it installing hyper-v drivers! NIC is running on full speed now, thanks @ all!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!