[RESOLVED] Upgrade 0.4 -> 0.5 Error #4000

• Hello
    I want to upgrage to 0.5 , I applied the upgrade cleaning script but I still have error when i go to the update manager
    I'm in 04.028 Fedaykin

• Zitat von "Iro"

Hello
    I want to upgrage to 0.5 , I applied the upgrade cleaning script but I still have error when i go to the update manager
    I'm in 04.028 Fedaykin

Thank you :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is your system running wheezy? Those are much newer packages especially gcc 4.8. Your system is probably having issues because it is so modified.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Code
    onf ifenslave (2.3 Debian:testing [all])
    Conf ifenslave-2.6 (2.3 Debian:testing [all])
    Conf jfsutils (1.1.15-2.1 Debian:testing [amd64])
    Conf libaa1-dev (1.4p5-41 Debian:testing [amd64])
    Conf libaudio-dev (1.9.4-1 Debian:testing [amd64])
    Conf libavutil-dev (6:9.10-2 Debian:testing [amd64])
    Conf libavcodec-dev (6:9.10-2 Debian:testing [amd64])
    Conf libavformat-dev (6:9.10-2 Debian:testing [amd64])
    Conf libavdevice-dev (6:9.10-2 Debian:testing [amd64])
    Conf libavfilter-dev (6:9.10-2 Debian:testing [amd64])
    • Offizieller Beitrag

On my phone and didn't see those. That explains it. OMV isn't ready for wheezy let alone the version after Jessie!

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Some people seem to have a masochistic fable ...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• "Some people seem to have a masochistic fable ..."
    My English is not good enough to understand the real meaning .... Anyway.
    I'm not running on wheezy . I started from an install with OMV 0.3 and upgraded to 0.428 over time.
    But it's true that I installed another program like sanbzbd, red5, webmin, cputemp etc ...
    Those programs may be te reason of the error ?
    If yes , I have to reinstall from zero OMV ? I install the 0.5 or i wait the new version you will release in few months ?

Thank you :)

• Zitat von "Iro"

If yes , I have to reinstall from zero OMV ? I install the 0.5 or i wait the new version you will release in few months ?

The new version will take it´s time. Volker mentioned some time ago that it will be possible to upgrade from 0.5. So if you want to do a fresh install, it is no problem if you do it with 0.5.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Masochistic is when someone wants to inflict pain on themself.

I understood this part. That I don't understood if it was an attack or not.

Zitat von "tekkbebe"

You added testing repo. Why???? This can cause problems.

It was certainly added when I installed another program. It was maybe necessary.
    If I can uninstal it, the update will should work ?

thank you :)

• No attack. Just an assessment.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Well, I don't think it was an attack. I think it is more comment made out of frustration.

Yes, take out testing repo now and do an:

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get -f install

Then see if web-gui is working.

• I made my comment because you were using testing repos of Debian. OpenMediaVault is not yet supposed to run on Debian Wheezy and you try it on testing. ;) Rather masochistic approach for me.

Greetings
    David

• I wish sources.list was a read only file, even by root.

Maybe we can get Volker to have OMV overwrite any changes to this file.
    Maybe we could have OMV move the file into a hidden folder and leave a symlink in it's place. That way average users would be dumbfounded.

• Code
    chmod a-w /etc/apt/sources.list

:lol:

Your symlink Idea does not work. The symlink is accessable like a real file.

Greetings
    David

• I thought about chmod a-w already. But this would require experienced users to boot via something like system rescue CD to change permission back. It is a pain in the ass on headless server and I don't want to suffer cuz of Idioten.

• "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

• Offizieller Beitrag

Most commerical NAS boxes don't give you the root password. The average user doesn't need it and it could be a generated password. A hidden web page could reset it (just like some commercial NAS).

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

I thought about chmod a-w already. But this would require experienced users to boot via something like system rescue CD to change permission back. It is a pain in the ass on headless server and I don't want to suffer cuz of Idioten.

Nope. Root is allways allowed to change it back. No need for a rescue disk, unless there are other files protected which prevent the use of chmod for the root user. The other option I posted above is revertible with root too. But you have to do it and know of it.

Greetings
    David

• I like this chattr idea. We should talk about this more. The average user would have no clue what to do with this file. I am sick to death of people messing up their system because they do not know what they are doing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!