Unknown keyword when booting v0.5.0.24_i386

• I am trying to install on a PC with a Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H motherboard with 2Gb RAM, 2x750Gb HDs for data and a 40Gb USB boot volume. I downloaded the ISO, verified the MD5, used dd on Linux Mint to prepare the boot volume. On boot the system gives the message saying "unknown keyword in the configuration file".

The information I've been able to find on this (http://alexsleat.co.uk/2010/11…ion-file-ubuntu-usb-boot/, e.g.) suggests editing a syslinux.cfg file, which I do not have. There are references to ISOLINUX not SYSLINUX in my boot volume.

I've checked my BIOS settings for reference to a serial port; there's nothing I can see. (Update: I found and disabled an onboard serial port; made no difference)

The 750Gb drives are not connected to the motherboard during the attempted install.

FWIW I was able to boot and run FreeNAS on the same box with no problem at all. However, I decided the hardware would be better suited to OpenMediaVault.

With v0.4.32 I got an additional message:

Zitat

No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive

It seems as if it should be something simple to fix, a CFG file edit, but ... what?

Thanks for any suggestions.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What are you booting the ISO from? usb stick or cd?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

How did you write the ISO to usb? I use dd on linux and win32diskimager on windows.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have a few usb sticks that don't boot on some systems. They just don't work with the bios. I try a different usb stick in those cases.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Glad you have it working.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!