Greyhole Drama (Are my files gone)?

• Hi, My first post. I'm a convert from Nas4Free. I decided to use OMV because is more flexible and... Greyhole. After a looooong migration, I finally transfered all my files to a GreyHole pool on OMV. But, whan all was fine and dandy, drama ensued: I deleted a SMB share from Services -> SMB/CIFS and now my server it's inacessible. I'm afraid that all my data is lost. Is there any way to recover it? Can you please help me? I posted all the information I can:

Some Screenshots:

System Status:

Physical Disks Status:

Filesystems Status:

Now the nasty part. This is my pool status:

This is what happens when I try to "check files":

Cut and paste from the same thing:

Those are my greyhole shares (nothe the one missing, this is the one I deleted):

And this is what happens when I try to delete it:

Dump from the same thing:

I don't know what to do. I hope I didn't lost my files. Please help. Thanks a lot.

I followed this guide to configure it: http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3236

• Yes, the files appear to be in the Gloryhole folders. Does it mean I have to reconfigure everything from scratch?

(I just saw that you're the author of the guide. It's a very good guide, I could configure everithing at first attempt, thanks)

• of got help from the GreyHole guys in their livechat. The one who helped me said there's a bug on the OMV implemetation.

Here are his words:

"you should definitely enter a bug in the OMV forum, about the Greyhole module having a bug where the share would (sometimes?) not be removed from greyhole.conf when deleted."

I think you should take a look.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I ported the plugin. Greyhole is supposed to be notified when a samba share is deleted. Judging by your pictures, it is not being notified. I will have to look into that. If you create a new samba share (tell me the name) that you want to use with greyhole and post your /etc/openmediavault/config.xml, I can tell you which lines to change.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Version 0.5.9 should fix the problem and allow you to edit the bad samba share to use the new share you have created.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• About the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml I did it myself (but thanks anyway) I just looked for the offending UUID and deleted it from the grayhole section. All fine. Now I have to find a way to use the Transmission service on one of the pooled drives: it says I don't have privileges. I wonder if that's possible to do or I have to use a hard drive exclusivly for torrenting.

• You can seed off the pooled drives by mounting your samba shares locally (with mount_shares_locally) then you point transmission to those locally mounted shares.
    I think the only tricky part was putting the debian-transmission user in the users group and making sure the users group had permissions to the shared directories. (under Access Rights Management -> Shared Folders then Extra Options -> Group set to read/write)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!