Managing NFS share with OMV

• Hi !

I have a proxmox physical server with 10TB storage shared with NFS.

I want to manage this NFS storage with an OMV virtual machine. I've mounted the OMV and mounted the NFS share on it and it works, but I can't find it in the OMV GUI... any issues ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wrote a plugin called openmediavault-remotenfs-share just for this. I haven't got much feedback on it (still beta repo) but it should be stable. You mount the nfs share on a shared folder. Then you can use that shared folder throughout the OMV web interface and plugins.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I wrote a plugin called openmediavault-remotenfs-share just for this. I haven't got much feedback on it (still beta repo) but it should be stable. You mount the nfs share on a shared folder. Then you can use that shared folder throughout the OMV web interface and plugins.

You're my man ! I will try this asap and give a feedback.

If I change my nfs share size (because it's based on LVM) I expect OMV will recognize it. I don't know if it's technically possible but i'm trying.

When I mount the logical directly in the VM it works but if I resize it, I have to umount the filesystem on OMV then umount from my VM -> resize -> re-mount the logical volume on VM -> re-mount filesystem on omv.

I hope NFS will do it well :D

• I didn't manage to mount the remote nfs share in the GUI.

I downloaded your plugin but I most specify a shared folder... my OMV only has his system drive and I must need to specify a shared folder.

Am I missing or misunderstanding something ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is a problem. The plugin has to mount it to a shared folder to be able to use it elsewhere. You could shrink the os partition (I use systemrescuecd) and create another partition. This will allow you to format and mount the new partition in the OMV web interface and create a shared folder.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

It doesn't have to be very big at all. 1 GB is more than enough. NFS is the simplest that I know of with the least overhead.

• Hi there, puzzling around with OMV and managed to setup remote nfs shares to my DSM NAS.
    with resync I am able to backup my remote NFS shares to my OMV.

However every time I restart my OMV, I still have my NFS Shares at the services overview including all the shread folders but I face empty folders??
    If I remount the remote nfs share by changing anything in its config I get the full share back including the content for all shared folders.

Is this a known issue or is there anything I could do do fix this? or am I just missing to add an extra option in the config line?
    It looks like the mount isn't working properly .

I am using OMV version 0.5.41 with remotenfs-share 0.5

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't used it much but I haven't heard of it not mounting. The folders should be mounted because they are listed in fstab. Because changing something works, you shouldn't need something in extra options. Look in the logs??

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!