Timeshift plugin ?

• Hi guys

I hope this doesn't come over as a ridiculous suggestion, if it is then please go easy on me :)

Would it be possible to have a Timeshift plugin (or something similar), I use Timeshift to take incremental system backups on my PC it works similar to Windows System restore and can be set to backup daily or weekly etc or as a one off and it's very easy to use, I know a system backup can be taken with Clonezilla, but (correct me if I'm wrong)that requires physical access to the machine and connection of a keyboard and monitor which in my case isn't really convenient as I keep my NAS in the attic, whereas a plugin such as Timeshift would allow system backup and restoring from the web gui, if such a plugin were possible

Just a thought

Graeme

• Offizieller Beitrag

Incremental backups are possible using rsync (which is what the backup plugin does). The restore (especially from the web interface) is the problem.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I agree. I think about it all the time. Just haven't come up with a solution that anyone can use.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat

I agree. I think about it all the time. Just have come up with a solution that anyone can use.

Well looking at the posts on here and the work I see you do for this project, if there is a solution I have a feeling you'll find it :)

Thanks for helping make OMV the great project it is

Graeme

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!